Default deleting network neighbourhood

My computer has been into the shop and on its return there is something called network neighbourhood on the desktop how do you remove it I have tried to find it in the add/remove programmes but it is not there

Default Re: deleting network neighbourhood

Tanya,

Network Neighbourhood is a part of Windows 9x, a bit like 'My Computer' except that its for browsing other computers on a network, rather than browsing your own computer.

You can remove it, but not through any of the typical Windows settings. You'll need to download a program like 'TweakUI' from Microsoft (PC World CDs often include this program I believe) and run that, it'll give you the option of removing Network Neighbourhood from your Desktop.

But it may be okay just to leave it there - its not taking up any extra disk space, just desktop space.

Mike.

Default Re: deleting network neighbourhood

Go to Start|Settings|Control Panel|Network and remove the Client for Microsoft Networks. This should take the network adapter and protocol settings with it. Set your pc to start with either Windows or Family logon and reboot.