Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default MSM remove account from XP user account

I have got Windows XP Home Edition. When I first started, I signed up with my existing NET. Passport on one user account. After I created another user account, I signed up again with the same NET. Passport. How do I stop the first user account signing up automatically with that NET Passport?

Default Re: MSM remove account from XP user account

hi...
    go to control panel/user accounts/change an account/choose the account to change/manage passwords & remove the offending account, hope this helps..

Default Re: MSM remove account from XP user account

Hi Graeme, was what Jim suggested what you were wanting? Or did you mean you still want to keep the new user account in XP as well as the old one, but you just don't want them to both sign in with the messenger (right bottom taskbar)using the same .net passport? If that is the case and you have another .net passport just go click on open and then in - File go sign out - then it will give you the option to sign in with a different account - choose that option and sign in with the new account (in the right XP user account of course) tick the sign in automatically and thats it, now that account will automatically only sign in with that account. If you don't have another .net passport either just leave it blank and delete your imfo or sign up for a new one and that should do it!
    Hope this is what you mean?
    If not apologies! Good luck!