Default deleting exe files

Hello,
    When i downlaod a programme i usually save the files to 'My Documents' and then insllal the programme from there. The exe file is left there. Can i safely delete all those exe files now?
    Are they taking up too much space?

Default Re: deleting exe files

I assume you are talking about the file that installs the programme, not the programme it self.. yes you can delete it/them. I usually save them in case i want to use them else where, but that is my bad evil hoarder tendancys showing. If you want to keep your HD less cluttered Toss them now!

Highlight all your exe files, then right click and choose properties. This will show you how much roon is being taken up.

You can safely delete them but it might save you a lot of time downloading by keeping them if you ever have to reinstall.

If they are for programs that you particularly like, then it would pay to keep them in case you need to reformat and reinstall them sometime.

I moved all mine to a CD after getting a CD-RW writer, and reinstalled them after my reformat last December. It saved me having to download them again and some of them aren't around now anyway.