Default Help when writing audio CDs please!

I'm having problems when writing audio CD's. They play fine on the PC's CD drive but when played on a stereo, they often don't play. I can hear the CD spinning, but the stereo doesn't pick up the first track. When it does start playing it often skips between tracks too.
    Had no problems writing with my old Sony writer.

The 2 writers I'm using are the BTC 16x10x40 and BTC 8x4x32...both have the same problems.
    Software tried is Easy CD creator, Nero, NTI (came with the writers) and cloneCD, but no luck with any of them.

Have also tried copying CD to CD, mp3 to CD, wav to CD, and tried all speeds from 2x to 16x.
    Computer is an Athlon 1.2 with 512MB RAM and tons of HD space, so PC power isnt an issue.

Can anyone help me, as I've got enough coasters already

thanks in advance

Default Re: Help when writing audio CDs please!

I know the media sometimes has a lot to do with it, but I am sure you have tried different disks?, saying that my software says it doesn't accept that type of disk and I say 'yeah right' and push it back in to succesfully copy.

Try closing all background programs first?

Thanks Scotty,
    yep...tried several different brands of discs.
    Tried closing out all other apps...I'm out of ideas.

Should've stuck with my trusty old Sony 16x4x2!

Hello Greg
    Frustrating isn't it ! I had the same problem exactly. In the end I tried the disks in other stereos only to find that with the later model stereos they played fine. The fact that they replayed in your puter CD indicates that they burnt ok. On this basis it may well be that your stereo is the problem and not your disks.One thing I found was that when I tried them in my original stero, I too heard them spin and left them spining for up to 10 mins after which the thing got up to speed and they started playing.
    Regards

Brian

Thanks Brian

I've found that too.
    My Alpine CD player in the car plays them fine (or at least it did till it crapped out on me )
    I've tried them in a couple of different CD players, and yes...they are both quite old, so maybe it is the CD player thats the problem.

re the stereo picking them up after getting up to speed: Mine did that too...problem is it took around 5 hours to get up to speed!