Default Help I am going crazy

Please Help!!!
    I have a Hewlett Packard 8630 with an AGP 16mb TNT2 as the primary display with a pass through to the PCI Voodoo 2 Viewtop Vulcan 2, Asus K7M motherboard, New 20Gb Hard Drive, AMD Athlon 700Mhz, Vortex AU8810 A3D soundcard, Hewlett Packard CDRW 4/4/32.

The problem seems to be with the PCI Voodoo 2 Viewtop Vulcan 2 which I recently brought from a guy in the newspaper. After buying the Voodoo 2 for $50.00 and waiting 5 weeks for the technicians to replace the faulty Hard Drive I got to finally put in the Voodoo 2. I installed the original Viewtop drivers which came with the card after installing the Voodoo 2 and installed 'Turok Dinosaur Hunter' 3DFX demo.
    I ran the demo but to no prevail; because it had the error message of the following:
    _GlideInitEnvironment: glide2x.dll expected Voodoo Graphics, none detected. I thought the glide2x.dll might be in the wrong place so I opened My Computer\C:\Windows\System and checked. It was there.

I installed Unreal to see if I could play that. But instead was greeted with the same message error message as 'Turok Dinosaur Hunter'. _GlideInitEnvironment: glide2x.dll expected Voodoo Graphics, none detected. I looked at the configuration when the man was giving me a demonstration of the 3DFX Acceleration with 'Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator'. It said it was running with Direct X7 and the card was displayed as a Voodoo 2 not a Viewtop Vulcan 2 Voodoo 2. So I thought hey I will try installing the Voodoo 2 reference drivers and Direct X7. But to no prevail either I even tried installing Direct X8 with the latest Viewtop drivers from driver guide but to no prevail either. Please Help!! as I have not seen it run on the Hewlett Packard and would really like to see Unreal running smooth with Voodoo Graphics.

Please help as I am going crazy,
    Herb Hesketh
    Lords3@xtra.co.nz

PS: I installed The Sims computer game with the Voodoo 2 installed and the game would only run one or two time out of a hundred. But after removing the Voodoo 2 it seems to work perfectly.

Default Re: Help I am going crazy

Hey Herd

You need to download OpenGL and run that to get the latest OpenGL drivers for your graphics card.

Find it at www.opengl.org

Default Re: Help I am going crazy

Hey Herb

You need to download OpenGL and run that to get the latest OpenGL drivers for your graphics card.

Find it at www.opengl.org