Default Windows Explorer via right click start button

I am in the habit of right clicking the 'Start' button to access Windows explorer in 98SE. The only problem is that it opens focused on C:\Windows\StartMenu.
    I realise it is a registry entry but where do I find the entry to edit it in order for explorer to focus on C:\

Default Re: Windows Explorer via right click start button

Hi Alister

I know what I am going to suggest doesn't fix your problem and that there is probably a way to set the root folder, but

I use the Windows Key (between ctrl and alt) and 'e' to open windows. It opens up focussed on My Computer with all the trees under it collapsed

J.

Default Re: Windows Explorer via right click start button

I didn't know that one, Jester. I hardly ever use that Windows key - must learn some more of its tricks :-)

Alister, I've got an Explorer shortcut on my taskbar toolbar right next to the Start button (along with Internet Explorer, Frontpage Express and the Desktop shortcuts) so it's only a one-click access to my C drive.

To get the shortcut, find the Explorer icon (not Explorer.exe) in the Windows directory and right-drag it onto the taskbar toolbar and choose Create Shortcut Here.

Happy Exploring!