Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: sport glasses

Default Re: sport glasses

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
    I just don't understand why you need more than one pair of glasses. I have only one pair of graduated glasses ....:
    You may have missed one of my last posts, it's MTB'ing and quite a bit of dirt's gets up in your eyes or glasses. For my work I preffer clean glasses. Dirty /scratched lenses is a problem I have now.

When I had my first motorbike about 1960 my dad gave me his rain goggles from the 30's. They were made of soft leather with tin lenses which had fine slots cut in them. Best rain goggles I ever used. Mind you, I didn't wear glasses in those days.

Probably would have been good for dirt flying up on a MTB?

Ken

As I said mine are for reading only, my work ones get replaced regularly, living in my toolbelt they scratched fairly quickly, the pair in my car are because I often forget to take my home ones, my emergency pair are just that for an emergency as I can't read things such as phone, GPS etc without them and it saves me searching in the event of an emergency just grab the bag and go.

So yes for me having several pairs is a no brainer.

Have a friend who is like an absent minded professor, genius engineer but looses a pair of glasses almost every month we don't know how his wife stays sane.

For sun glasses and for cycling which I have pretty much had to give up due to ongoing issues with y hands I buy $10-20 safety glasses from Mitre10.

Quote Originally Posted by gary67 View Post

For sun glasses and for cycling which I have pretty much had to give up due to ongoing issues with y hands I buy $10-20 safety glasses from Mitre10.
    AArgh, bugger. I bet you miss the bike, like I miss mine. I took mine for granted until Dr. told me I had to stop as I was falling off so much.

Ken
    Corgi Ben Kenobi.......Related by Corgi to the Queen

Quote Originally Posted by kenj View Post
    AArgh, bugger. I bet you miss the bike, like I miss mine. I took mine for granted until Dr. told me I had to stop as I was falling off so much.

Ken
    I certainly do, haven't been on mine for over a year and its the longest time I have not ridden since I learnt to ride a 2 wheeler 50 years ago.

Yes, I have ridden for most of my life. Such a free living feeling. Great for my photography hobby! Been 2 years without in a couple of months. I get around a bit with my Mobility scooter but it's not the same.

Ken