Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Outlook 365

Default Outlook 365

So now that SWMBO is using Outlook 365 for her emails and I had to reinstall her account using IMAP due to the security issue with Gmail, it takes forever for emails to come though.

Sh can open Outlook and know there are emails waiting as they are on her phone but they do not download straight away, if you click send and receive it goes through the motions and says finished including synchronising folders but they still do not download.

You have to do the send and receive several times and eventually after several minutes can be up to 10 they come through. This is for a business and when sharing an office and her son sends her an email that doesn't come through straight away its very embarrassing, if she sends him one it comes through instantly.

So there must be a setting wrong somewhere but I don't know what or where as I don't use Outlook.

Trying to resolve this is a real headache.

It is Not running through an exchange server it is just connected to talk with Gmail.

Any suggestions happily accepted.

Thanks

Default Re: Outlook 365

Have the same problem with any Outlook.com Account, sometimes its there on the web side but takes ages to come through in the Outlook 365, other times its almost instant.

Being gmail, wouldn't surprise me, lately they have been playing and increasing their security, all sorts of weird things happening.

Microsoft have screwed something today, over night they have managed to delete just about all the mails from our personal account from 6pm on wards, they were there when I shut this down at 10.30 - gone this morning Luckily I managed to get the expensive ones resent.

Outlook + imap = sometimes a buggy mess

Not helpfull, but just what Ive had to sometimes deal with
    On a few Outlook imap email setups, Ive had to resort to pop3 due to outlook Imap buggyness .

Perhaps EMClient is worth a try ?

Otherwise, DELETE the outlook profile & delete the OST/PST's & reset with a new Outlook profile. That sometimes fixes weird outlook issues .
    Just be carefull deleting PSTs , if you had any (backup first )

Gmail made a unilateral decision that the option to allow access by "less secure apps" such as MS Outlook would cease from 31 May. This has caused lots of issues and MS Community Forum has been full of complaints and lots of "false" fixes. I eventually got my Outlook 365 POP to receive emails from GMail after lotds of "playing/stuffing" around."

FYI MS has "secretly" decided to only allow 1 security App OAuthy I think for IMAP Outlook. I have joined others in asking MSoft to not limit us and proceed to POP also.
    I think Msoft has lost the plot/taken their eyes off the ball and been caught napping by Gmail and allowed themselves to be bullied. Fortunately after my "Fix" above so far I have not had further problems

It was on Pop until a few weeks ago when it stopped getting any emails and the only fix was to delete the account and reinstall it which I did, now it has 2 IMAP accounts, so it looks like I will have to change the personal one back to POP.

What a stupid system, can't get my brain to work properly at the moment as we both are at home with Wuflu so it will have to wait.

I personally use EM but the wife is supplied Outlook and much prefers it as she uses it in 3 different organisations.

Where's the problem with Multiple IMAP Accounts ?? I got 4 accounts on mine and they all work perfectly fine, 3 are Outlook and one for my business

No idea just going off what Neil said, both accounts are Google based, one is just a straight Gmail the other is through a business domain. It appears to be the Gmail one that causes the ongoing issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil F View Post
    Gmail made a unilateral decision that the option to allow access by "less secure apps" such as MS Outlook would cease from 31 May.
    Outlook 365 , (and I presume 2019,2021) are unaffected by that .
    May need to delete & recreate the email a/c in Outlook, thats all .

Quote Originally Posted by 1101 View Post
    Outlook 365 , (and I presume 2019,2021) are unaffected by that .
    May need to delete & recreate the email a/c in Outlook, thats all .
    This is what I did a few weeks ago when the original issue started which is now fixed, i.e emails do now come through it just takes ages to decider to actually sync. It says it is trying but can take 10-15 mins to actually do it. Eventually it does

Quote Originally Posted by gary67 View Post
    This is what I did a few weeks ago when the original issue started which is now fixed, i.e emails do now come through it just takes ages to decider to actually sync. It says it is trying but can take 10-15 mins to actually do it. Eventually it does
    as a test...
    I would install Emclient & see if that has the same issue.

That way you can see if the issue is Outlook or something else . eg issues trying to sync say 20Gb of email , or OST or AV issues , or Outlook imap bugs, or internet / gmail issues

You may need to AGAIN delete the email setup & OST's & start again. It happens .
    Ive seen Outlook keep corrupting the email profile on some PCs , requiring email to be resetup more than once . When it gets to that stage there is no quick fix (for Outlook) .