Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: All policing should be based on the Peel Principles

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wonder Woman.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	63.4 KB 
ID:	11326
    Global Warming is Mann made.

Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.
    The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Old guy

Quote Originally Posted by tweak'e View Post
    you need to flip that around.
    while govt makes the law, which in theory should control police, in reality police dictate what they do with it.
    while govt may appoint top cop, they have to appoint someone.

i think your missing the simple fact that police where deliberately setup independent of govt. thats fully intentional which has its good points and bad. govt cannot order them to do anything which is good and bad.
    I am not suggesting that your interpretation of the law is incorrect just that you are describing how things should happen. I am describing how things do happen in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by CliveM View Post
    I am not suggesting that your interpretation of the law is incorrect just that you are describing how things should happen. I am describing how things do happen in the real world.
    sorry, your simply wrong.
    plenty of cases in the media to prove it. the classic one was the maori occupation that the govt wanted moving on, but police told them no. big write up on powers of police.
    plus there is tons of cases where police publicly go against govt.

your forgetting that police are setup independent so govt cannot tell them what to do.
    govt makes the laws, police interpret the laws and police them how they see fit. remember the on/off "focus on burglary", the incorrect interpretation of firearm laws (courts over ruled the police) and of course the infamous "there is no domestic violence in nz".
    Tweak it till it breaks

Regarding the firearms laws Police are actively trying to force them to be changed or at least Police leaders are and yet that isn't their remit

Old guy

Quote Originally Posted by tweak'e View Post
    sorry, your simply wrong.
    plenty of cases in the media to prove it. the classic one was the maori occupation that the govt wanted moving on, but police told them no. big write up on powers of police.
    plus there is tons of cases where police publicly go against govt.

your forgetting that police are setup independent so govt cannot tell them what to do.
    govt makes the laws, police interpret the laws and police them how they see fit. remember the on/off "focus on burglary", the incorrect interpretation of firearm laws (courts over ruled the police) and of course the infamous "there is no domestic violence in nz".
    I am not about to enter into another protracted argument with you tweak'e. At a guess you are still convinced Jacinda can keep Covid out of NZ.

Our present commissioner is nicknamed "Cuddles" and it would seem appropriate.

Gideon Tait was my man.

Good Read HERE
    Last edited by B.M.; 06-06-2022 at 05:11 PM.
    Global Warming is Mann made.

Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.
    The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Its ok I am from Motueka. prefect's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gary67 View Post
    Regarding the firearms laws Police are actively trying to force them to be changed or at least Police leaders are and yet that isn't their remit
    Too true Gary the police should just enforce laws not lobby to change or make them.
    NZ police have a terrible record with guns they are better off without them. I was caught in the traffic near Western Springs in my hydraulic hose truck a few years ago when the plods fired at someone missed, hit an innocent Sri Lankan courier driver stopped in the traffic killing him. The pig involved didnt even get prosecuted. One rule for them another rule for us if we fire and miss or mistake the target. Another one was Waitara where I go seagull racing every year the feld polizei shot and killed a mentally disturbed person guy with a golf club, he could have just backed off and at worst shot him in the leg but no he escaped prosecution as well and was promoted to Sgt .Its not a privilege in NZ to own guns and get a firearms license its civilian right just like getting a drivers license. The NZ police really dont want anyone to own guns except themselves and they stall out the licensing and relicensing as a result of this. This can solved at the ballot box next elections.
    Its amazing how Potatoes give us chips,fries and Vodka.

Get your s*** together every other vegetable.

The Police are humans . With human biases, human mistakes .

Its stupid to expect superhuman perfection from them .

And please , stop all this shoot him in the leg nonsense .
    Shot to kill or dont shoot all at .
    Lets see how these 'shot him in the leg" people respond in the same circumstances . After years of being bashed about by crims , after years of seeing there mates badly beaten or killed by crims .

Why should the Police risk getting themselves badly beaten up or killed with a screwdriver(that happened) . So shot to kill .
    If you are on a rampage , dont expect nice treatment .

And the cop who accidentally shot the wrong person, he didnt get away with it.
    He made a mistake , trying to do his job . Dont persecute him not not being perfect under extreme pressure , trying to protect the public from an armed crim on the loose .
    There was alot going on when he shot the wrong person .
    Last edited by 1101; 07-06-2022 at 09:52 AM.

Its ok I am from Motueka. prefect's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1101 View Post
    The Police are humans . With human biases, human mistakes .

Its stupid to expect superhuman perfection from them .

And please , stop all this shoot him in the leg nonsense .
    Shot to kill or dont shoot all at .
    Lets see how these 'shot him in the leg" people respond in the same circumstances . After years of being bashed about by crims , after years of seeing there mates badly beaten or killed by crims .

Why should the Police risk getting themselves badly beaten up or killed with a screwdriver(that happened) . So shot to kill .
    If you are on a rampage , dont expect nice treatment .

And the cop who accidentally shot the wrong person, he didnt get away with it.
    He made a mistake , trying to do his job . Dont persecute him not not being perfect under extreme pressure , trying to protect the public from an armed crim on the loose .
    There was alot going on when he shot the wrong person .
    Cops should be under the same laws as citizens no get of jail with firearm mistakes.
    Last edited by prefect; 07-06-2022 at 05:55 PM.
    Its amazing how Potatoes give us chips,fries and Vodka.

Get your s*** together every other vegetable.