Default Outlook 365 & Address Book

Recently I realised that all was not well with Outlook. Sometimes it wouldn't open and, in that case, when I tried to close down the computer it had to close Outlook first! Office 365 has been reinstalled twice, firstly to cure my inability to download bank statements to Excel. I solved that by using Revo to remove ealier versions mainly Office 2010 and reinstalling 365. Since the reinstall, the address book is not available, although the folder C:\Users\....\Microsoft\Outlook contains RoamCache folder, 9 .pst files 2 .obi files, and 1 .ost file. My last Macrium backup contains the same number of files. I have not tried to compare the files. I tried Microsoft help which reinstalled Office, but with no improvement. Should I copy the files I mentioned above from the backup on Monday 23/5 as these were before the first reinstall? or is there something else I should do?

Default Re: Outlook 365 & Address Book

Re the Contacts / Address Book: If you installed viBoot when installing Macrium, you can boot into the backup Image and run it as a VM. Then open Outlook and export the Contacts list as CSV, the import the contacts from that.

If you have viboot installed you'll need to enable Hyper-V as long as its Windows Pro. Other wise install Virtual Box ( if you awindows home) https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads And it will open in the Virtual Machine.

The following Video isn't that clear but does show how https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R0GOFgwrAQ

Bad Idea to import corrupts files from previous install of office. may just cause even more problems.

Depending on Who the email is hosted from as well you may be able to go on line (web mail) and export the contacts. Gmail can do it ( have to google how to locate the contacts and export.)

Thanks Wainuitech I had installed viBoot when i installed Macrium, I installed Virtual Box, but am a bit? confused about what files to copy and where from. Do I replace all the remaining files after the purge that I am suggesting, or only specific ones? I have added a listing of the directory, some items are obviously superfluous including those with "me" or "me315" in the email address, and those @snap, which is a discontinued account. Presumeably I am safe to remove these? Should I also remove second versions eg those where there is a (2) etc. after the file name?

Directory of C:\Oursers\Brucem\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook
    Folder:
    RoamCache
    ~ last~.sharing.xml.obi

Files:
    me@gmail.com – Bruce.pst
    me315@gmail.com – Bruce(2).pst
    me315@gmail.com – Bruce.pst
    Bruce.sharing.xml.obi
    wife@gmail.com – Bruce.pst
    ours@gmail.com – Bruce(2).pst
    ours@gmail.com – Bruce.ost
    ours@gmail.com – Bruce.pst
    ours@snap.net.nz(1) – Bruce.pst
    ours@snap.net.nz – Bruce(2).pst
    ours@snap.net.nz – Bruce.pst
    ~ ours@gmail.com – Bruce.ost.tmp

I installed Virtual Box, but couldn't find my way around it. I found a .csv file in Users\contacts, that was an ancient version of my address book. Opened it in Excel, edited and corrected, some people in had died, some were not needed, and some had changed their addresses. We reduced the number of entries from 48 to 24 in that process. I saved the whole Outlook folder to another partition, and and then copied one item at a time into the address book. It works!