Thread: Question Time

Default Question Time

Luxon:- "This question is to the Prime Minister - does she stand by all her Government's statements and actions?"

And then Robertson makes him look a fool, just about as well as the PM does.

I mean, what a damn stupid question! What's she going to say? "Nah bro - we're all full of ideological crap and all I care about is the colour of the paint in my new UN office".

Maybe there is some form of protocol around it, coz it seems ridiculous.
    Last edited by allblack; 17-05-2022 at 04:18 PM.

Default Re: Question Time

Makes ya think if they actually think about what they ask sometimes. And these people are meant to be in charge of the country.

Govt you see on TV is worse than playschool, at least young kids you may expect some stupid questions.

Mind you its like all journalists as well really, interviews some poor person whose just had a disaster and asking " how do you feel" ?? Oh bloody fantasic mate no problems all good How the hell do you think they feel.

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    :

Govt you see on TV is worse than playschool, at least young kids you may expect some stupid questions.
    I've long since come to the conclusion we humans don't get smarter, we just bigger. And think we're smarter.
    Ex-pctek

Quote Originally Posted by allblack View Post
    Luxon:- "This question is to the Prime Minister - does she stand by all her Government's statements and actions?"

And then Robertson makes him look a fool, just about as well as the PM does.

I mean, what a damn stupid question! What's she going to say? "Nah bro - we're all full of ideological crap and all I care about is the colour of the paint in my new UN office".

Maybe there is some form of protocol around it, coz it seems ridiculous.
    It has always been like this. Nerd kid me used to love watching Parliament TV watching Winston and Rodney Hide go at each other.

I think its just because its so broad, they can post whatever supplementary questions to it as they please, as long as its related to the first question.

All Black you hit the nail on the head. Just imagine the time saved in parliament if the members asked sensible relevant questions and received sensible relevant answers. A Management Consulting Firm would have a field day in introducing ideas' for improvement. Wainuitech I also agree with you. during 1st Covid outbreak I referred to the journalists' as a pack of baying hyenas. Asking the same questions that that some others had asked I used to think "were you actually listening?" Mind you they were probably scared for their jobs and desperately hoping that their question (and face) would appear o n 6pm TV News

As an example of how [politics seems to differ from real life i cannot imagine Luxon making such stupid statements when he headed AirNZ
    And now I have learned that Govt is going to waste $210,000 o n making a doco about Chloe Swarbrick. I thought public moneys were not allowed to be spent on sitting MPs-corrupt p[politicking

Hard to beat the Winston Churchill - Lady Astor encounters.

There are a number of them but here are a couple from memory.

Lady Astor: Mr Churchill, you are drunk, you are drunk, you are very, very, drunk!

Winston Churchill: Lady Astor, you are ugly, you are ugly, you are very, very ugly!

But I shall be sober in the morning.

One More.

Lady Astor: Mr Churchill, if you were my husband Id put poison in your tea!

Winston Churchill: Lady Astor, if you were my wife Id drink it.

Buggers today aren't even funny.
    Global Warming is Mann made.

Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.
    The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Quote Originally Posted by B.M. View Post
    Hard to beat the Winston Churchill - Lady Astor encounters.

There are a number of them but here are a couple from memory.

Lady Astor: Mr Churchill, you are drunk, you are drunk, you are very, very, drunk!

Winston Churchill: Lady Astor, you are ugly, you are ugly, you are very, very ugly!

But I shall be sober in the morning.

One More.

Lady Astor: Mr Churchill, if you were my husband Id put poison in your tea!

Winston Churchill: Lady Astor, if you were my wife Id drink it.

Buggers today aren't even funny.
    Oldies but ALWAYS goodies

That's half the problem these days so much is politically correct. That's why I like Kevin Bloody Wilson -- His shows are Not, in fact at the very beginning he tells you in his intro you may as well F Off now if you don't like it

I assumed there was a reason:

..."Luxon began his questioning by asking Ardern if she stood by the Government's statements and policies.

Starting with such a broad primary question is a favourite of Opposition leaders as it allows them to follow-up by asking about many different policy areas, rather than zeroing in on one topic".

This is a "patsy" style of question often asked by MP's of their own Ministers.

A great way to spread propaganda.
    A married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!