Default Removing F-Prot Anti-virus

My trial period ran out on F-Prot, now I can't uninstall either through Add/Remove or F-Prots' own uninstall. I remember reading about problems uninstalling F-Prot some time ago but can't remember where. Any sugestions will be appreciated.

Default Re: Removing F-Prot Anti-virus

A good program was given on F1 called RegCleaner by someone else,

http://www.jv16.org/

I used it to get rid of a supid logo that appeared each time the computer booted up.

Hi Colin.

I use the following method to remove stubborn software like that:
    Delete the folder that holds the program (in Program Files\) along with all it's contents.
    This will get rid of most files that are associated to the program but leaves all links to them in the Registry.
    Now use a registry cleaner to find and clean the redundant entries. I always use Fix-It Utilities 2000 from Ontrack to do all my maintenance work and their Registry Fixer is quite automatical and very interactive.
    But any good registry cleaner will do.
    After you've used the registry cleaner, run it *again* to see if it turns up more (new) redundant registry entries. If so, run it again until it says that your registry is clean. (Fix-It Utilities subdivides suspected entries into 3 categories, depending on how sure the program is that that entry may be deleted. I always choose the safest route, deleting only the entries the program says are safe.)
    Then reboot your system and run the registry cleaner *once more*.
    Repeat the whole process until the system comes up clean after a reboot.

Hope this helps,

Cheers, Marco

Thanks for the sugestions. I have RegVac to clean up the registry but what annoys me is that any files that have been put into the Windows folder are left behind. When I delete a programme I like to get rid of everything that programme has left on my computer.