Default What is the purpose? What is he trying to achieve?

I'm certain everyone has now seen the pages and pages of gibberish that some idiot is posting and I wondered what is the motivation for such rubbish? Does it cause some sort of problem for PressF1? Or is he just being a f__k wit?

Surely it must have taken a considerable amount of time and effort to put all that twaddle together. So what sort of satisfaction does he get for his efforts?

I'd be interested to know what sort of effect he is having on PressF1. Or is that something that the moderators don't want to reveal just in case it encourages the moron?
    It is better to wear out than to rust out.
    - Richard Chamberlain, Tour of the Hebrides

Us husbands are a sorry lot.

Default Re: What is the purpose? What is he trying to achieve?

Not to sure but if you highlight any of the text and search its all over many places.

The links actually land you on Russian Sites -- Maybe Trumps mate, Vladimir Putin has his spies reading our posts

It is just a persistent spam bot that is hitting a lot of sites. I've locked out that IP now but it wouldn't surprise me if it crops up with another.

https://www.stopforumspam.com/ipcheck/84.244.23.8

We've had a few times when the spam bots were really feral (100s of posts) and I had to shut down all new registrations for a few days until the wave passed.

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    Maybe Trumps mate, Vladimir Putin has his spies reading our posts
    That reminds me of when I was working in Telecom's Fault Service. People were quite paranoid about us listening in to their conversations. We could but we did not. Why would we? What would we expect to hear? Government secrets? Mostly people spoke about things we were not the slightest bit interested in. People would call in saying that they were trying to call someone and they had received a busy tone for a long time and could we check their number to see if there was a fault. We would cross their line and listen for a second or two just to see if they were talking or not. So I would think that Putin would find our posts just as uninteresting.
    It is better to wear out than to rust out.
    - Richard Chamberlain, Tour of the Hebrides

Us husbands are a sorry lot.