Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Hugh Perrett: TV1 presenters use of Maori phrases on TV

This is brilliant and I’m willing to bet that the Prime Minister doesn’t read it and news media don’t publish it ??? No because they will have their right to feed at the Government trough revoked. This is the sh1t foisted on us by the left wing academics who think they are Gods gift to the country.

This guy in my view is spot on!

Prime Minister,

I was appalled to hear on the 7pm News on TV1 on Tuesday 27th December the most patronising claim being made by TV1 that presenters’ use of Maori phrases on TV is becoming accepted, offering as evidence that fewer complaints are being received. What would you expect when NO COMPLAINT correspondence IS EVER RESPONDED TO by TV1; by YOU - the Prime Minister; by the Deputy Prime Minister or by Kris Faafoi , the Minister of Broadcasting — and NO CHANGES ever made in response to complaints, other than perhaps an intensification of the use of these Maori phrases. “PATRONISING” is perhaps not even a strong enough word !

I think ridiculously absurd comments such as were made are insulting in the extreme to a public who are fed up to the back teeth with having “Maori “ foisted on them every evening and rammed down their throats by media presenters who are obviously acting under what are ultimately political instructions. The whole approach is dictatorial and childish.

Prime Minister, Maori is a language without meaningful utility in New Zealand. It is even spoken by VERY FEW Maori. IT IS OF ZERO UTILITY INTERNATIONALLY. Language is about communication. ENGLISH is our language of communication in New Zealand. It is also easily the MAJOR language of communication throughout the world. It is the official international language of law, science and commerce. Maori is NONE of these things — and VERY MUCH LESS.

It is even more absurd to think that YOU and your Government are looking to make the teaching and learning of Maori mandatory in our schools. What on earth is the point of that? It is ludicrous when all it is doing is stopping our children from learning alternative subject options of much, much greater utility in their future lives.

Prime Minister, it is clear that SOLELY for political purposes you are YET AGAIN pandering to a section of Maoridom — in particular the in-caucus/ in-cabinet activists and their elitist-activist colleagues outside of Parliament, who, like you, are bent on the Maorification of New Zealand and the effective destruction of our democratic system and democracy in favour of effective Maori rule.

Prime Minister, it is clear that you NEVER listen to or take any notice of anyone else, other than your activist colleagues. It is also clear that you have the conceit to believe you are the only one in the country with any brains. YOU ARE NOT! You are in fact lacking any sense of the responsibility of duty expected of the incumbent in your office and you are governing solely to satisfy your OWN PERSONAL, obsessively held, idiosyncratic beliefs to do with the Maorification of New Zealand, to the TOTAL DETRIMENT of our country and all other New Zealanders.

Hugh Perrett

027 520 4141

Hugh Perrett is a member of NZ Bussiness Hall Of Fame.
    Last edited by Roscoe; 05-03-2022 at 06:39 AM.
    It is better to wear out than to rust out.
    - Richard Chamberlain, Tour of the Hebrides

Us husbands are a sorry lot.

Default Re: Hugh Perrett: TV1 presenters use of Maori phrases on TV

agree

VoidMaster

Like it or not NZ is a multi-cultural country, it will probably be enriched by having two spoken languages.

I am very poor at learning other languages other than English, I did 1 year of Latin and 5 years of French (I passed Cambridge "O" levels in French) and I have trouble remembering more than a few words in French.

I have tried to remember Maori words but have the same problem of not retaining the words.
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

Gave up a few years ago watching TV1 News and now Weather with their pandering to Maori but now also it has infected 3 news and weather

Have unsubscribed to quite a few Email Flyers that start of with kiora, looks like my kiwisaver will be the next one to go

Choice is a wonderful thing

At what point do we put a pause to accepting other languages as 'official'?
    Currently there's English, Maori (sorry, Te Reo), and Sign language that I'm aware of.

But given the ethnicity I've seen in pockets of the country, how long until Hindi and Chinese get added to the mix.

Obviously if you say anything otherwise you're being a filthy racist, intolerant and abusing your white priveledge you horrible white devils.

Thank God I am not the only person pissed off at all the Maori crap we have thrust down our necks by TV One news readers and their so called "Weather Girl".

Enough is enough!!

I am going to paste Hugh's letter on my Facebook page
    A married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul.Cov View Post
    At what point do we put a pause to accepting other languages as 'official'?
    Currently there's English, Maori (sorry, Te Reo), and Sign language that I'm aware of.

But given the ethnicity I've seen in pockets of the country, how long until Hindi and Chinese get added to the mix.
    Quite agree.

But there is no "Chinese" as you put it, but there is Mandarin (which is the official languague of China) and Cantonese which is spoken in Hong Kong and other places in China.

And you are right. The Chinese languages should be given as much importance as maori as the Chinese have been here since the gold rush days of the 1850s.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul.Cov View Post
    Obviously if you say anything otherwise you're being a filthy racist, intolerant and abusing your white priveledge you horrible white devils.
    Very true. And I have noticed that you can say anything you like about "you horrible white devils" and no one will take you to task for it, but if you want to get away with saying anything against the moaris you have to be maori otherwise you will be labelled as "a filthy racist."

I have heard it said quite often that we should "embrace our culture" - or similar words - "our culture" being maori culture. But it is NOT my culture. I'm NZ European and I trace my ancestors and my culture back to England - Cornwall to be exact - so I do not relate to and have little time for "our culture."

So if anyone asks, when I'm travelling overseas, I'm a New Zealander, or Kiwi, and proud of it.
    It is better to wear out than to rust out.
    - Richard Chamberlain, Tour of the Hebrides

Us husbands are a sorry lot.

Its beyond a joke. Maori is a domestic language, and has no practical value. I have to watch ABC & BBC news to hear my language, English.
    I receive letters from Government departments, full of Maori words which are meaningless to me. They go back "return to sender".
    As for teaching Maori in school, fair enough if its done on a voluntary basis. Simplified Chinese would be a useful one to learn as they are New Zealand's main trading partner.
    I wasted many hours trying to learn Latin, French and German at school. Never used any of them.

We need a like button in this forum
    A married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!

Yes to agree with to much maori
    Yes to a like buttoy

Ken