Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Consider This Opinion

The virus has luckily become less hazardous with each wave. We have been extremely lucky to have largely avoided every wave so far.

Perhaps there is risk associated with the vaccine, but that risk is undeniably less risky than the earlier versions of the virus itself.

That balance might be more in question with the much more benign Omicron, but our only tools we have had to fight the virus to date have been based on the spike protein of the initial Alpha strain. It is dumb luck that Omicron is so much less hazardous. It could just as easily have been so much worse, and it may yet come to pass that another mutation of one of these strains brings the worse features of all variants together for a potently lethal avalanche of cases that cuts through the unvaxed minority.

It's easy for the anti vaxers to spout off when they haven't yet had to deal with the virus running at large in their community and through their families.
    There's sadly plenty of examples on the internet of anti vax families overseas being left without one or sometimes both parents thanks to the virus cutting a lethal path through their lives.

I've yet to hear of any cases of kids being orphaned by the vaccine.

You'll also note that in almost every case of anti vax sentiment the people reveal their true underlying issue, being frustrated with having their freedom and lifestyles impacted by lockdowns. Vaccine safety and lockdown restrictions are entirely unrelated issues, so why do the anti vaxers always bleat on about the lockdowns? Because they're self indulgent and don't like being told what they can or cannot do.

Quote Originally Posted by gary67 View Post
    Well worth reading and pondering, regardless of which side of the fence you fall on.
    Just to balance out things, consider reading this factual article written in August last year.
    https://www1.racgp.org.au/newsgp/cli...nk-to-pfizer-v

Just from my personal experience, we have over 50 employees in the company I work for here in Rotorua. Of these, 1 remains unvaccinated and put on duties away from others. Of the rest, none I have talked to have had any reactions from the vaccine apart from a sore spot where injected , or a couple had flu type symptoms. ie headache and sore muscles. Next day they were fine.
    I have yet to hear of anyone being ill from it.
    The guys article is low on facts and really a lot of speculation I feel. When i catch up with a friend this weekend I will enquire about the ACC points with his wife who works in the Rotorua office.
    Ever stop to think, and forgot to start again?

Quote Originally Posted by kenj View Post
    Too wordy, makes my brain overheat. Ken
    Quite agree, Ken. Interesting, but I skimmed over most of it.
    It is better to wear out than to rust out.
    - Richard Chamberlain, Tour of the Hebrides

Us husbands are a sorry lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul.Cov View Post
    The virus has luckily become less hazardous with each wave.

You'll also note that in almost every case of anti vax sentiment the people reveal their true underlying issue, being frustrated with having their freedom and lifestyles impacted by lockdowns. Vaccine safety and lockdown restrictions are entirely unrelated issues, so why do the anti vaxers always bleat on about the lockdowns? .
    Viruses, in general are bad at killing us.
    Bacteria on the other hand....

And yes, it's the lockdowns I hate. Which is why I rushed off and got vaccinated immediately I could.
    Now boostered as well.
    Ex-pctek

Antivaxers & covid deniers allways say.....
    " I did my own research "

Meaning, I searched the internet to find websites that backed up their conspiracy mad as hatter opinions .
    Meaning , I believe some random person on the internet rather than the majority of actual experts and those dealing with it dayly (hospital staff) .
    Last edited by 1101; 27-01-2022 at 07:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul.Cov View Post
    The virus has luckily become less hazardous with each wave. .
    has it ?
    I thought Delta was more hazardous (?) . Or was it just more contagious ?
    Is it just the number of deaths is no longer front page news , so we dont get the panicked reporting of that like they reported it during the 1st wave .

Old guy

Quote Originally Posted by 1101 View Post
    Antivaxers & covid deniers allways say.....
    " I did my own research "

Meaning, I searched the internet to find websites that backed up their conspiracy mad as hatter opinions .
    Meaning , I believe some random person on the internet rather than the majority of actual experts and those dealing with it dayly (hospital staff) .
    Agree with that 100% however the rabid pro vaxxers are just as bad on the other side of the coin. Like a lot of things the truth lies somewhere in the middle. The mere fact that the Government and the media refuse to permit any debate whatsoever only makes the hesitant even more suspicious.

Quote Originally Posted by CliveM View Post
    Agree with that 100% however the rabid pro vaxxers are just as bad on the other side of the coin. Like a lot of things the truth lies somewhere in the middle. The mere fact that the Government and the media refuse to permit any debate whatsoever only makes the hesitant even more suspicious.
    The media doesnt want to look back at the the widely false NZ predictions . They just keep laying it on, the worse the prediction the better the news story

Heres the latest.
    50,000 DAILY by Waitangi weekend.
    So in a week and a half , we go from bugger all to 50,000 per day. Is anyone calling BS on this ?

https://www.1news.co.nz/2022/01/26/n...omicron-cases/

Quote Originally Posted by 1101 View Post
    50,000 DAILY by Waitangi weekend.
    So in a week and a half , we go from bugger all to 50,000 per day. Is anyone calling BS on this ?

https://www.1news.co.nz/2022/01/26/n...omicron-cases/
    I'm surprised no-one here commented. This is "modelling". Modelling is the fashion, everything is modelled.
    Enter scientific data into the magic 8 ball, sorry computer, and out pops the prediction.

Come on, GIGO.

Taking Covid, if you enter a scenario where x number of people with covid, visit x number of places, packed full of people who all catch it, and then they visit x number....of course you'll get a result like that.

But it seems people aren't looking at what was entered in the first place.
    Computers predict nothing, they decide nothing, they output whatever you fed it.

I've heard it so many times, when querying why my (in credit) rates bill never came I was told The Computer couldn't generate one that was in credit. NO someone programmed it that way.

Or mistake on bill....The Computer did it. NO someone entered incorrect information.

So now The Computer gives models. Apparently.
    Ex-pctek

Old guy

I think that Covid Modelers are probably selected from amongst individuals who failed as weather forecasters. They are expert in the use of words such as Could, May and Might and the like.