Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: USB Type C Add on

you said fairly old pc, Although a card sounds like a good idea be warned the BIOS of that fairly old Machine may not recognize a usbc card unless you are lucky enough that the bios manufacturer has released a flash that updates the eprom
    Trust me. I know what I'm doing.Sledge Hammer

Linux the only way to get rid of the windows boot sector virus ( Geoff Palmer , Jun 28, 2004 Tips & Help : Tux Love, PCWorld NZ)

Parkinsons NZ

Just a further update as I promised earlier on with delivery from AliExpress.

Items ordered on the 25th Nov just turned up today.

They are These as advertised on The Market https://themarket.com/nz/p/blue-adult-7.5-pool-floating-chair-swimming-pools-seats-amazing-bed-noodle-chairs @ $54 EACH (F**K Off) Some other places have them for around $33 Each. SWMBO wanted some for the New pool we ordered, which still hasn't arrived yet from Auckland two weeks ago

We got them from Aliexpress the exact same thing, ordered 6 = Total cost $22 + $24 for 6 pool noodles at Bunnings. Total $46. To buy 6 at the NZ Price would have been $324. Worth waiting a week and a bit

The card -- Still on the slow boat according to the tracking
    Last edited by wainuitech; 07-12-2021 at 08:49 AM.

Talking about Ali ... I ordered an item, few days ago, and they said that they have sent out with the tracking number.
    But when I login to NZ post tracking, keyed in the tracking number only to find that " Sorry, that tracking number is not valid. Please check the tracking number is correct, or use out ....Help"

I copied and pasted the number, so it must be correct.

Don't tell me the seller made up a number ... and that they did NOT really send out the item??

Quote Originally Posted by bk T View Post
    But when I login to NZ post tracking, keyed in the tracking number only to find that " Sorry, that tracking number is not valid. Please check the tracking number is correct, or use out ....Help"

I copied and pasted the number, so it must be correct.

Don't tell me the seller made up a number ... and that they did NOT really send out the item??
    Well I ordered other things from The Market, they have a NZ Post Tracking number --but when going onto the NZ Post site, same thing -- No Such number, that's until its delivered, THEN it shows up in their system ??

The Pool We ordered, because of its size and weight Mainfreight are delivering it. Their Tracking was better (just ) at least it showed as having the number as one of theirs, but had to call them to get any progress and eta, The lady I spoke to said they had not yet picked it up (this was last week), now its showing as 8-12 working days delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by bk T View Post
    " Sorry, that tracking number is not valid. Please check the tracking number is correct, or use out ....Help"
    It may not show up on NZ Post tracking untill either it lands in NZ or actually gets scanned in by NZ Post/couriers
    and some tracking numbers arnt fully trackable anyway (lower cost option)

Try one of the overseas tracking sites , eg 17track.
    It also may take a week for it to show in China's tracking system .
    Also , expect delays anywhere from 2weeks to 2 months .

https://www.17track.net/en

Couriers in NZ & China are maxed out at the moment , so some stuff doesnt seem to get scanned in & tracked when it should.
    It just arrives after tracking showing no movement for a week+

I don't trust the Tracking,soon as you order it's been posted 20 minutes later and 60 days later it has not moved

Only when messaging the seller saying it's not left China and you find a Hour later it's in NZ but I don't have it

Had a ongoing spat with the seller on a item and finding now getting 20 spam emails a day (all sorts) the most I have had since being online since the early 90's

when the Ch courier change to us is only $2-$5 , that should be all the indication we need about the level of service
    so, shouldn't complain about how slow the $5 courier from China is

Most Aliexpress sellers arnt crooks & liars , just some .
    The crooks liars will give fake tracking numbers just to buy themselves some time for out of stock product . Ive had that a few times now .

I use this for all international tracking works great and remembers your tracking numbers until you delete them.

Thanks, gary67. That link found my item!