Default New Digital Covid Passport

I have been all set up successfully for My Health Acct on my laptop .for more than 1 week
    After being misled by the staffer on the My Covid acct helpline a friend showed me where to look to be able to scan the QR Code so that it shows my data on mobile phone.

Remember the grubby Engineers Song "Now we come to the tragic bit".?

My phone would not scan the QR code so i went to OOBE the Newmarket ,Auckland Authorised Apple reseller. The Tech lady there informed me that at present it only works with an iPhone operating systems higher than mine..
    I have an old I Phone 6 which is stuck on V12.5 -too old.
    She did suggest that I try Apple wallet to see if I can "force" a readable version.

Has any forum member been able to successfully scan the QR code using an old phone such as mine?
    Neil

Default Re: New Digital Covid Passport

What is scanning the qr code supposed to do?

Ignore that, what are you trying to do? Get your Vaccine pass on to your phone? Or something else?
    Interests: PVRs, HTPCs, Apple IOS, Apple TV, Media Players, C#, Printing

Older by the minute

On your iphone enable Mail. Download the QI code email to your PC. The email should then appear on your iphone too. Open the email on your iphone,click on the PDF and use the Apple icon toward the bottom of the email, just click on it. The QI code will automatically load into the Wallet icon on your iphone. With the PC email, you can open the PDF and print a hard copy of the QI code.

Hi psycik. Businesses are going to be authorised to refuse entry (some may choose to opt out) to people who cannot show [proof that they are double vaccinated.
    At present I carry with me a laminated card showing my 2 Covid vaccinations batches and dates.
    The newly announced Govt digital vaccine passport is aimed at people being able to show on their mobile phones such data to Security at businesses doorway entry. Les Mills Gyms are keen to use. The digital passport is linked to your NHI nr and lists the 2 vaccinations . There has been some publicity about some people being able to edit the pdf documents
    National party supports the Govt in authorising businesses to refuse entry to a person who cannot provide proof

So it is the vaccine pass.
    I'm not aware of any scan a QR code to get it on to my phone, when I requested mine (as Bryan alluded to), it emails you.......you open that email on your phone, and there is a PDF there that you can save......or if your phone is capable of it, you add it to your apple wallet (a little black add to apple wallet icon)

I think there were later versions of IOS you could have upgraded to above 12...that would have been worthwhile doing before support to upgrade your phone was dropped (which was possibly version 14).
    Interests: PVRs, HTPCs, Apple IOS, Apple TV, Media Players, C#, Printing

You save either the email with the QR code on it or add it to your Apple wallet as stated above.
    Businesses will have an app which can scan your QR code from your phone as you enter - you don't need to be able to scan the QR code, only display it on your phone (or carry a printed copy).

Done a few now with Androids, that was a case of sending the email to the Gmail account ( if different Email used) then on the phone opened the mail in chrome, tapped the Android / Google Pay option (I assume Apple would be the same Process for the wallet) then follow the instructions, on confirming, then it installed, On all the phones so far Bar 1 it has put a Icon on the face, only one that didn't was a Older V7, but it did install, so had to show a different way to display it.

There will be problems with older phones I suspect.

Have you found a way to do it without having a pin on your phone ?

Quote Originally Posted by Driftwood View Post
    Have you found a way to do it without having a pin on your phone ?
    NO!! Its part of the security ( for android / google pay).

Normally I didn't have a pin on the phone, so when I HAD TO I opted for a pattern instead, don't need ANOTHER damn pin to remember

If you dont want a pin/pass on your phone

What I did was (even though I have a pin)
    When your covid passport is emailed to you , save that PDF on your phone.
    Copy that pdf (with barcode) to you phone main screen , I put it next to the tracer app .

now just open it as a pdf to show the barcode . No phone pin/pass needed .