Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: How to kll MS 365 Outllook ost format and replace with pst

Just thought I'd put in my worth.

Reading back over the original Post its written:
    I went into Gmail and made sure I had selected -use pst and also disable IMAP (ost).

I never in Outlook got a chance to select POP and SMTP .
    Errrrr That's possibly because you never selected it by the looks on outlook . It does work on Office 365.

Thought I'd put my gmail account on just for the hell of it. The DEFAULT is IMAP, BUT if you click on the advanced options it lets you select .pst, tried it and it went in no problems.

Step 1 - open The Account settings to create a new account and select Advanced Options, 1A Select Let me Set up my account Manually - Step 2 select pop - step 3 fill in details.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	outlook 365 Step 1.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	20.1 KB 
ID:	11204 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Outlook 365 Step 2.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	18.6 KB 
ID:	11205

Sometimes people say something cant be done because they have not gone through the correct procedures 1st
    Last edited by wainuitech; 24-11-2021 at 08:44 AM.

Add to above, when adding a new account, 1st put in your email address then Click Advanced Options etc.

As for deleting the .ost, plenty of articles tell how, the main thing is the .ost account cant be the default account, you generally can go into the control panel / Mail Email accounts and data Files to change the default.

One little trick I also found, disconnect from the internet so it cant connect and try to sync while removing.
    Last edited by wainuitech; 24-11-2021 at 09:03 AM.

Many thanks, Wainui I shall try your responses -especially the Control panel methodology

Neil

From Microsoft's Website. -I copied today. (see last sentence) I have used colours and categories for several years a per Michael Linenberger -an Outlook expert -author odf several Outlook Productivity books.
    Create and assign color categories
    Outlook for Microsoft 365 Outlook 2021 Outlook 2019 Outlook 2016 Outlook 2013
    Color categories allow you to easily identify and group associated items in Microsoft Outlook. Assign a color category to a group of interrelated items—such as notes, contacts, appointments, and email messages—so that you can quickly track and organize them. You can also assign more than one color category to items.

Tasks with multiple categories
    You can choose from a set of default categories or create your own, and then assign the categories to your Outlook items. The category colors are displayed in table views, such as your Inbox, and within the open items themselves. You can rename the categories to something more meaningful to you or choose different colors for the categories. This flexibility enables you to design a color category system that fits your personal work style.

Note: If you are using Outlook with an IMAP account, you cannot assign categories to an item. The IMAP email account type does not support categories.