Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    VoidMaster

Default Re: lockdown for unvaccinated

A cautionary tale.

Auckland rugby league referee and 'real character' dies from Covid-19:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/hea...s-from-covid19
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

C64 Rules

So you guys would be happy with what the Aussie army are doing in the Northern Territory.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...vaccine-video/

https://www.rebelnews.com/australian...arantine_camps

And who said history doesn't repeat itself.
    Carlos maybe king, but Merts is God!!

C64 Rules

And this guy must be your hero.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfDh_BTAo38

VoidMaster

It's quite well understood, the rights of the minority are always over-ridden by the rights of the majority, this is known as the greater good.

In emergency situations like the current pandemic we are only a step away from a full-blown epidemic and have to be careful.

So you are saying that these obviously ill-informed and stubborn people should just be left to get sick and probably die maybe infecting others on their way out.

If they will not vaccinate then it is inevitable that they should be quarantined away from the main vaccinated group, surely this is obvious.

I'm not happy about any of this but what can one do than follow past wisdom?
    Last edited by zqwerty; 26-11-2021 at 09:35 AM.
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by zqwerty View Post
    It's quite well understood, the rights of the minority are always over-ridden by the rights of the majority, this is known as the greater good.

In emergency situations like the current pandemic we are only a step away from a full-blown epidemic and have to be careful.

So you are saying that these obviously ill-informed and stubborn people should just be left to get sick and probably die maybe infecting others on their way out.

If they will not vaccinate then it is inevitable that they should be quarantined away from the main vaccinated group, surely this is obvious.

I'm not happy about any of this but what can one do than follow past wisdom?
    That's fair comment!

Ken
    Corgi Ben Kenobi.......Related by Corgi to the Queen

C64 Rules

zqwerty and kenj are you saying that aboriginal people of the Northern Territory are not smart enough to make their own decisions?
    That could be considered a "racist" comment.
    It is good we have experts like you two who know best for everyone to make these decisions for us.

Old guy

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    zqwerty and kenj are you saying that aboriginal people of the Northern Territory are not smart enough to make their own decisions?
    It is good we have experts like you two who know best for everyone to make these decisions for us.
    They only apply that principle to things they agree with. If the majority always has to be right there would not be same sex mariage, self determined gender swapping, abortion on demand or a whole lot of other things. We do quite often allow minority rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Fair comment Jeff. I just hope none of your loved ones are genuinely unable to be vaccinated, don't catch Covid from one of the unvaccinated who are either to stupid or to pigheaded to think of the greater good of others. I have a family member who for genuine medical reasons is unvaccinated. Something to do with the ingredients in the vaccine. She lives in fear of catching it.

Ken
    Last edited by kenj; 26-11-2021 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CliveM View Post
    They only apply that principle to things they agree with. If the majority always has to be right there would not be same sex mariage, self determined gender swapping, abortion on demand or a whole lot of other things. We do quite often allow minority rights.
    Minority rights I support. Minority stupidity I abhor.

Ken

Old guy

Quote Originally Posted by kenj View Post
    Minority rights I support. Minority stupidity I abhor.

Ken
    And you are the authority on what is stupid and what is not? You are perfecty entitled to have your own opinion on anything but that does not mean you are always right any more than I or anyone else is. You have no more right to force your view on others than I do however I am not trying to do that, you are.