Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Older by the minute

Default Windows 11 Autoplay music list from internal HDD

In windows 10, one could select a music list and in the top ribbon select autoplay of the content. Windows 11 doesn't seem to have this facillity.
    It can be done for external drives but not the internal drive. Any ideas how to fix this?

Older by the minute

Default Re: Windows 11 Autoplay music list from internal HDD

Looks like I need to change the internal HDDs other than C: to external in UEFI. However that is beyond me. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...7-ce65a976c8dd

Older by the minute

Well and truly have munted my Win11 setup. Tried to reinstall win10 using Macrium Reflect from about 5 different backups. All ended up with error coda5 which I see is a known problem. Got to a stage where I had virtually a blue screen saying "bad luck". Down loading a MS ISO of Win10 at the moment to try and resurrect my system. Last install was GPT on UEFI. Hope it all works.

Error 5 Is a generic Code, there's several variants, ranging from Cant read the Media, Corruptions , Bad Drives (sectors) or Permissions.

If you have 5 different images and none are working I'd think its not the images but something else.

If you are going to reinstall anyway, then try wiping the drive clean to start with partitioning Software and boot from the rescue Media (CD or USB) that should have been created within Macrium when making the 1st image and see if that lays it back down.

Back to original Post -- What do you mean by "music list " Are you referring to a Playlist that's been created or something else ??
    Last edited by wainuitech; 14-11-2021 at 12:36 PM.

Older by the minute

I have created a folder where I store my music videos. The folder then has separate individual folders for each artist. When in an artists folder, with Win10 I could invoke the "Play all" command in the top ribbon and all would play right through without any further intervention by me. Can't do this with Win 11.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    I have created a folder where I store my music videos. The folder then has separate individual folders for each artist. When in an artists folder, with Win10 I could invoke the "Play all" command in the top ribbon and all would play right through without any further intervention by me. Can't do this with Win 11.
    Funny you mention that method.

Did Something the same over the weekend for my Media Center.

Got A folder with music Videos -- All I did was right click the folder - Show More Options (down bottom) Play with {Insert your fav media player} and away they go. Now I just need to adjust the media player so it plays them at Random and not in Order (I use JRiver media Center 28)

Older by the minute

Thank you. I will give it a try.

Older by the minute

Thanks for the tip. Right click -show more options - Then I chose "Play with MPC-HC" and it worked a treat but it would be nice to use this feature as default and I can't find it in APPS as you could in the Win10 settings.

One other problem is getting the colour system right for Windows 11. Colours, text, brightness, contrast etc all to hell. Even adjusting my monitor has no effect either.

I think this just achieves the same thing as the method wainui mentioned and I dunno if it's available in windows 11 but.

Right click a folder, choose properties, customise, tick the also apply to subfolders box, optimise this folder for music or videos, should make windows realise that it's music etc

To be fair though I never use the ribbon as you describe and I don't have windows 11 Personally I tend to use the right click menu.
    Ryzen 2700X, 16Gb DDR4RAM, 512GB M.2 NVME SSD, MSI GTX1070

Older by the minute

Eureka! Just a follow up on this problem. In Windows 11, if you have a folder of video music that you wish to play through without intervention it can be done. I have found that if you use Windows 11's "Films & TV" player, when the first item to play is on the screen and playing, go to the bottom right of the screen to the three dots. This brings up options from which you can select Autoplay and the folder will play through. This also will stay as the default so that in future all folders will Autoplay without further intervention.