Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Wanderer

Default Track pants are on par with pyjamas in public?

That was what was brought to my attention. I suppose track pants are OK around the neighbourhood though. Your views?

I know some couldn't care less than it is comfortable. In NZ outdoor clothing like Kathmandu, Macpac etc didn't really pick up until the late 1990s right. Some people just have some jeans and then wear Kathmandu, Macpac, Ice Breaker stuff. They might even wear a Coolmax synthetic shirt to work. Even Canterbury track pants with an All Black or a Soccer team top can be worn on casual Fridays.

Default Re: Track pants are on par with pyjamas in public?

I don't personally give a monkeys what people wear in public. I'm no fancy dresser myself LOL

Nomad.

I think that you need to get a life!
    A married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!

For once I agree with Zippity.

Also, since late-March last year I've lived in track pants. Black. $15.00 from the Warehouse. Size 4XL.

Aside from the occasional meal out (jeans), or a work office visit (jeans too), I've been everywhere in them.

Might even wear them to Fonganui where they'll be considered formal wear.

Wanderer

One could also bring other stuff to the list. Yoga pants, lycra wear, cargo pants ;-)

VoidMaster

Damn, I'm 2XL and I weigh over 200lbs, making a determined effort to get down to about 175lbs ASAP, I'm 72 years old now, when I was 42y.o. I was slim, but since then gradually put on weight sitting in front of the computer.

I wear those $20 camouflage track pants available from $2 shops.

Here's me and my daughter in 1992, I looked after clothing much better then, since I got older I'm not so worried about appearances anymore. I think that was the day we voted for MMP.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rob+Verne92smlodpi.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	64.7 KB 
ID:	11192
    Last edited by zqwerty; 12-11-2021 at 12:50 PM.
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

Wanderer

Quote Originally Posted by zqwerty View Post
    Damn, I'm 2XL and I weigh over 200lbs, making a determined effort to get down to about 175lbs ASAP, I'm 72 years old now, when I was 42y.o. I was slim, but since then gradually put on weight sitting in front of the computer.

I wear those $20 camouflage track pants available from $2 shops.

Here's me and my daughter in 1992, I looked after clothing much better then, since I got older I'm not so worried about appearances anymore. I think that was the day we voted for MMP.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rob+Verne92smlodpi.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	64.7 KB 
ID:	11192
    Nice photo

In the early 1990s we didn't have so much of this stuff sport leisure athletic wear outside doing errands and the coffee shops and it wasn't a bit later until Kathmandu, Macpac stuff stuff gotten more popular.

In terms of lifestyle I don't have sugar in my drinks other than the odd hot chocolate and I have pretty much eliminated sodas and candy and biscuits. Group functions and work doesn't help with their morning teas though ... With a yoga mat at home and doing 3 sessions a week strategically just before dinner time.

I don't have the priviledge but those from the the 70s and 60s often said they dressed less casually.

Quote Originally Posted by zqwerty View Post

Here's me and my daughter in 1992, ]
    I love her hair!

I'm not a fan of track pants but whatever people want to wear - who cares?
    Not a fan of fat woman in leggings either but it seems popular.

I like jeans and some people think that's terrible, I should be in a frock...ugh.
    Ex-pctek

I wear track pants around the house in winter, but other than that its CCC rugby shorts and T shirts year round pretty much.

Off to a wedding tomorrow SWMBO can't go but I have been told I can't wear me shorts by her, bugger now what? I might just be able to find some sort of pants in the back of the wardrobe if I look hard enough.

Quote Originally Posted by gary67 View Post
    I wear track pants around the house in winter, but other than that its CCC rugby shorts and T shirts year round pretty much.

Off to a wedding tomorrow SWMBO can't go but I have been told I can't wear me shorts by her, bugger now what? I might just be able to find some sort of pants in the back of the wardrobe if I look hard enough.
    Yeh Nah, tell her you are what you are! I don't wear long trou, haven't worn them for a couple of years. Shorts and sandals do me. SWMBO accepts that. She has to do that.. if not, she has to help me get dressed and put shoes on for me. That means getting out of bed at 6am. I can still put on shorts but have problems getting pants on. Shoes a no no. I can't put sox on or do up shoes. Sandals I use a picker upper to draw the velcro across.

Suits me.... My old friend Arthur Itis from broken bones is getting worse.

Ken
    Corgi Ben Kenobi.......Related by Corgi to the Queen