Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17
  1. #11
    tweakedgeek tweak'e's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    winterlessnorth (well almost)
    Posts
    5,132

    Default Re: Is this how the rest of the world sees our beloved leader?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    baabits you say "You're also free not to take the vaccine- no one can force you to take it", I say threating to take away peoples livelihoods is a way forcing them to take it.
    If the government thought it was totally safe and could prove it to everyone's satisfaction then they would not need to make threats to get people to take it.

    It amazes me how other people think they can dictate to other people what they can do with there bodies. Also how willing they are to give up their rights at the first sign of trouble.
    It is at time like this where you find out what people are really like. We are told to be kind and respect other people, but I guess that it only when it suits them.
    do you think laws are optional?
    you can do that thing, but you will go to jail, but its still your choice.
    thats what we do every single day. doesn't matter if its covid or any other factor of life, wither you agree with it or not.

    besides "rights" is something humans thought up, real life takes priority over anything humans thought up.

    of course there is the whole thing that govt does think the vax is safe, which is why they all have approved it and they can prove its safe simply by the billions that have taken it with no issue.
    Tweak it till it breaks

  2. #12
    Retired old codger kenj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Nhapier
    Posts
    5,957

    Default Re: Is this how the rest of the world sees our beloved leader?

    +1

    Jeff, you still must obey the govt. mandates whether you agree with it or not. It's a bit like saying you think the road speed laws are wrong and because you think that you can drive at 100KPH anywhere you like. Stupid eh? That attitude can cause a crash and someone dies. Not a lot of difference there, you must agree? The law tries to ensure safety to all. As I said once before, do as you want, but if your pig headed stupidity affects me or my loved ones, brother, I will treat you as an outcast, deserving of nothing beneficial from our society!

    Ken
    Last edited by kenj; 07-11-2021 at 06:40 AM.

  3. #13
    Member mzee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,541

    Default Re: Is this how the rest of the world sees our beloved leader?

    Its quite simple! Anyone who catches Covid-19, and hasn't been vaccinated pays their own medical bills at full retail price. No money? Too bad!

  4. #14
    Old guy
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    3,030

    Default Re: Is this how the rest of the world sees our beloved leader?

    Quote Originally Posted by mzee View Post
    Its quite simple! Anyone who catches Covid-19, and hasn't been vaccinated pays their own medical bills at full retail price. No money? Too bad!
    So long as you are going to refund all the tax they have ever paid and exempt them from any in the future I could live with that.

  5. #15
    Soaring like an Eagle gary67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    In a field in Hanmer
    Posts
    14,994

    Default Re: Is this how the rest of the world sees our beloved leader?

    Quote Originally Posted by mzee View Post
    Its quite simple! Anyone who catches Covid-19, and hasn't been vaccinated pays their own medical bills at full retail price. No money? Too bad!
    But then you have to stop treating smokers, sunburn, drunks cause its self inflicted etc, etc, etc

  6. #16
    Retired old codger kenj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Nhapier
    Posts
    5,957

    Default Re: Is this how the rest of the world sees our beloved leader?

    Quote Originally Posted by gary67 View Post
    But then you have to stop treating smokers, sunburn, drunks cause its self inflicted etc, etc, etc
    In some ways I agree, but, they will not pass on a potentially fatal virus though.

    My walking mate and I stop and talk to a young woman (mid 30ish) who is a bit anti vax. Nice person but she trawls the stupidest parts of the internet and tells us of her findings. I now get her to give me references and I look them up when I get home. All of them are conspiracy theories from known antivax pushers. She is a nice lady though so I don't give her grief bout it. There is no doubt the fact that no matter how whacko your theories are, you can always find support online.

    Ken
    Corgi Ben Kenobi.......Related by Corgi to the Queen

  7. #17
    Old guy
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    3,030

    Default Re: Is this how the rest of the world sees our beloved leader?

    Quote Originally Posted by kenj View Post

    My walking mate and I stop and talk to a young woman (mid 30ish) who is a bit anti vax. Nice person but she trawls the stupidest parts of the internet and tells us of her findings. I now get her to give me references and I look them up when I get home. All of them are conspiracy theories from known antivax pushers. She is a nice lady though so I don't give her grief bout it. There is no doubt the fact that no matter how whacko your theories are, you can always find support online.

    Ken
    Ken, as I am quite sure you know, the "So Called" Anti vax individuals can do exactly the same and the same argument works just as well in reverse. Just because you or I honestly believe something is no guarantee that it is correct. There are plenty of wackos on the extremes of both sides.

    I must admit to being horrified to find that there are so many New Zealanders that are only too willing to throw their fellow citizens under the bus just because they disagree with them for some reason. There are also a lot that are so risk adverse it is surprising that they are able to get out of bed in the morning.

    And just to repeat myself I am fully vaccinated for everything that has been recommended to me including Covid as are all my family.

Similar Threads

  1. Our beloved computer HPa16140a
    By ianhnz in forum PressF1
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 31-08-2015, 07:05 PM
  2. Why The Rest Of The World
    By B.M. in forum PC World Chat
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 11-01-2009, 03:35 PM
  3. Win 98 PC sees CD, XP PC doesn't. Why?
    By Oggy in forum PressF1
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-09-2005, 07:27 PM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-09-2003, 01:34 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 16-01-2003, 01:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •