Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Older by the minute

Default Re: Are you a fan of the 50s, 60s, and/or the 70s?

And why the hell not!!!!! Read your post#7.

Possibly the pinnacle of 70's classic rock.

The 2nd half is through the roof, especially with a good quality set of headphones.

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Freebird. Recorded Live: 7/2/1977 - Oakland Coliseum Stadium - Oakland, CA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxIWDmmqZzY

On the one hand none of that is my kind of music, on the other hand I know a lot of it really well surprisingly to myself. As kids we had a portable record player and Mums old singles were the only records we had to play, a lot of them are in the 50's and 60's list.

As for my music, late 80s and 90s rock & metal including all the "hair" bands and I'm still finding music I like today, the whole "modern music is rubbish" attitude is older than all of us and about the only thing that hasn't changed in music. If it's true then the best music must be cavemen playing logs with sticks surely.
    I once saw a quote that stuck with me. I may have the wording wrong but basically it went "There's no bad music, if someone gets enjoyment from it then it's good" No Idea where it came from but I agree with it. There's plenty of music I don't enjoy but I try to avoid calling it rubbish just because it's not to my taste.
    Ryzen 2700X, 16Gb DDR4RAM, 512GB M.2 NVME SSD, MSI GTX1070

Quote Originally Posted by dugimodo View Post
    If it's true then the best music must be cavemen playing logs with sticks surely.
    They were good, I have their LP! Also got an original release of "Jock Strap and his Elastic Band"

Ken

Ps, take a look at this...... https://youtu.be/oVME_l4IwII
    Last edited by kenj; 07-11-2021 at 04:53 PM.
    Corgi Ben Kenobi.......Related by Corgi to the Queen

I’ve never looked at the year but if it’s “The King”, “ABBA”, “Beach Boys”, “Bee Gees”, “Fleetwood Mac” and many others that is my type of music.

Little story.

My father could pick up any musical instrument and play it. It wasn’t perfect by any means but the tune was identifiable.

However, he had a dislike for Elvis and considered his music rubbish.

A year or so later I caught him listening to my Elvis records and couldn’t let a chance go by so enquired why he was listening to My Rubbish.

He looked me straight in the eye and proclaimed: “I was wrong, the bastard has real talent”.
    Global Warming is Mann made.

Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.
    The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Worst are present day, without question!
    we now have Mumble Rap, so I guess some truth in that .

But , we do now have a greater variety of music available, on so many formats . So much more choice now .
    The 70's had McArther Park , one of the worst POPULAR records of all time ? That alone puts the 70's to shame .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPMpeNDIGdk
    Someone left the cake out in the rain.
    I don't think that I can take it
    Cause it took so long to bake it.
    And I'll never have that recipe again
    Last edited by 1101; 08-11-2021 at 08:18 AM.

Bleakly Optomistic

Am I the only one here that enjoys symphonic black/death/doom metal? I treat the voice as another instrument, and most of the time, I'm quite happy not to understand the lyrics

Ahsb sgst sgsgs uwiaka shshs hhshs suerir jnqna. Got that? A bit goofy but that could be a line out of a great song from my music likes.

Not saying you are wrong, but.....As you see, not worrying about the lyrics can make a difference. Music is a thing of many parts which all tie in together.

Try listening to "The Boxer" by Simon and Garfunkel without listening to the words ....

https://www.google.com/search?q=the+...obile&ie=UTF-8

Just my thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by the_bogan View Post
    Am I the only one here that enjoys symphonic black/death/doom metal? I treat the voice as another instrument, and most of the time, I'm quite happy not to understand the lyrics
    Symphonic yes, not so much the others. Maybe in small doses. An occasional cradle of filth song maybe. More mainstream and power metal myself. How about Mongolian throat singing covers of Metallica https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpxA_ZxGX_M or one of their originals https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4xZUr0BEfE for something completely different
    Weirdly catchy and fairly popular on youtube for the last year.

There is more music around already than any of us could ever listen to, makes it hard to fairly judge any era I'd say.
    Ryzen 2700X, 16Gb DDR4RAM, 512GB M.2 NVME SSD, MSI GTX1070

Listen to 60's but more relate to 70's - 80's.

Been watching some of the Music Videos -- To say they would cause all sorts of hell about indecent could be an understatement.

Some of the Dancers DONT leave anything to the imagination in their outfits.