Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Default Re: Why Some Are Disbelieving But Not Antivax.

I feel like a lot of the trust issues stem from how the the media pushed this on us any second they can and then the government shut down most of the country without a plan to help so many citizens that were going to lose their jobs from the shut down.

Old guy

Quote Originally Posted by B.M. View Post
    Name them.
    Ashley Bloomfield. Good enough for you!

Understand this. The article by Konstantin Kisin was just an opinion piece attempting to give a look at some of the reasons some people think the way they do. It is not necessarily what either she or for that matter I believe. It is perfectly fine for you to hold a different opinion. I do not care one way or the other but I have no intention of entering into any further nit-picking point by point argument with you.

Quote Originally Posted by CliveM View Post
    Ashley Bloomfield. Good enough for you!
    Direct me to where Ashley Bloomfield said "not to wear masks, and to focus on washing your hands instead".
    Global Warming is Mann made.

Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.
    The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

VoidMaster

Is this what's waiting in our future?

COVID infections in the UK are at the highest recorded level, so what's next?

https://nz.yahoo.com/news/covid-infe...174700162.html

AND:

Covid: Record German cases as WHO warns of Europe deaths:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-59160525
    Last edited by zqwerty; 05-11-2021 at 08:49 AM.
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

VoidMaster

Here's what's happening in China, overview:

China doubles down on zero-Covid as it battles most widespread outbreak since Wuhan:

https://cnnphilippines.com/world/202...ero-Covid.html

Meanwhile in Europe:

COVID cases break records across Europe as winter takes hold:

https://www.reuters.com/business/hea...ld-2021-11-04/
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

Sobering content in those Links zqwerty.

What I would like to know is the number of infections every day that are Fully Vaccinated - 1st Vaccination and Un-Vaccinated.

My understanding is that even the Fully Vaccinated can get Covid but it is very rare and the severity much less.

So why donít they say ď We have 100 new cases today, 1 was Fully Vaccinated, 3 had had their first Jab and 96 were un-vaccinated.

Then they can individually name every Supermarket.
    Global Warming is Mann made.

Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.
    The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Sobering content in those Links zqwerty.

What I would like to know is the number of infections every day that are Fully Vaccinated - 1st Vaccination and Un-Vaccinated.

My understanding is that even the Fully Vaccinated can get Covid but it is very rare and the severity much less.

So why don’t they say “ We have 100 new cases today, 1 was Fully Vaccinated, 3 had had their first Jab and 96 were un-vaccinated.

Then they can individually name every Supermarket.
    the thing is fully vaccinated can still get it and pass it on, tho a lot less than un-vaccinated.
    the problem is they are relying solely on vaccination (often low vaccination rates), which is a mistake. you need vaccination to work with some level of social distancing measures.
    Tweak it till it breaks

Direct me to where Ashley Bloomfield said "not to wear masks, and to focus on washing your hands instead".
    exactly.
    as far as i can recall masks where optional at the beginning.
    this goes back to the old theory that it was mostly spread by contact, which was later disproven. which is why we saw the sudden change to mask wearing (and focus on ventilation).
    Tweak it till it breaks

Quote Originally Posted by tweak'e View Post
    the problem is they are relying solely on vaccination .
    Yes! Just like the idea of eliminating smallpox. My god, why didn't they just tell everyone to keep their distance instead....

Anyway back to the topic....in the news yesterday was a guy saying he isn't anti-vax, just doesn't like being told what to do.

Well, neither do I, but the risk of becoming very ill instead...the choice was easy.
    Last edited by piroska; 06-11-2021 at 07:59 AM.
    Ex-pctek

Old guy

Anyone notice how it only seems to be in areas with a low vaccination rate that have virus found in their waste water?