Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Sold down the river

Whatever happened to our raison d'etre?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]Lest we forget[/ATTACH]

I fear we've collectively sold out to the woke movement, to dishonest political motives, and a PM with unabashed Marxist leanings.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Raison d'etre.JPG 
Views:	36 
Size:	92.1 KB 
ID:	11173  
    I have very high hopes that seriousness is a reversible condition.

Dr Lester Levy

I've studied deeply in the philosophies and religions, but cheerfulness kept breaking through.

Leonard Cohen

Default Re: Sold down the river

As readers in this forum seem to have no opinion either way, here's one from Sir Russell Coutts (Russell's certainly not one of the resident team of five million sheep) ...

"It's also total nonsense and contradictory that double vaccinated people that have negative Covid tests are being locked down for 14 days in MIQ whilst people with Covid are being allowed to self isolate in the community.

"How New Zealand, a country where its people greatly valued freedom off choice.....how we even got to this stage of blindly accepting this sort of unilateral rule, power and dictatorship from our government is deeply troubling indeed."
    (italics mine)

Anybody for or against?
    Last edited by WalOne; 28-10-2021 at 08:22 AM.

Dr Lester Levy

I've studied deeply in the philosophies and religions, but cheerfulness kept breaking through.

Leonard Cohen

Old guy

I agree with that 100% It is quite obvious that the whole business has a lot more to do with politics than it has to do with health.

VoidMaster

This is a serious problem we are facing, the Covid plague, and it is being trivialized by the right wing and businessmen wanting to get money into their bank accounts, I believe we will have the whole country back in level 4 by Christmas as the cases go exponential, vaccinated or not, and overload the health system.

There is a new Delta variant out called delta Plus and it is more infectious than what we have infecting the country at present.

"Sir Russell Coutts (Russell's certainly not one of the resident team of five million sheep)" no he's a traitor to this country who sells himself to the highest bidder.
    Last edited by zqwerty; 28-10-2021 at 09:01 AM.
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by zqwerty View Post
    This is a serious problem we are facing, the Covid plague, and it is being trivialized by the right wing and businessmen wanting to get money into their bank accounts, I believe we will have the whole country back in level 4 by Christmas as the cases go exponential, vaccinated or not, and overload the health system.

There is a new Delta variant out called delta Plus and it is more infectious than what we have infecting the country at present.
    the biggest issue we have is this sort of nonsence being presented as fact . Tin foil hat stuff .
    Its hardly a plague . We arnt getting a 50% death rate. Most who get it dont have serious symptoms.
    Yes, blame the evil businessmen . God forbid they actually provide us with jobs . Damn you , evil shopowner and evil builders firms .

Look back at Ak's projected infection rates from 2 weeks ago , did that match up witch actual numbers .
    Experts stating Ak covid infection rates will double in a week, doesnt seem to be happening does it .

Delta Plus : They dont yet have definite scientific facts , so stop scaremongering .
    "More research is needed before we can say exactly how Delta Plus will impact the UK"
    "Still, there are many unknowns surrounding this new descendent of the delta variant and it has not been dubbed a “variant of concern” yet."

VoidMaster

We've just got our first two cases this morning in Chch for months and months, returnees from Auckland and unvaccinated, how can this be happening? all the North Island should be closed off from the South island and absolutely no traveling without vaccine up-to-date.

https://www.statnews.com/2021/10/27/...virus-variant/

As I said 1101 following the party line and trivializing the threat, Covid is far from over.
    Last edited by zqwerty; 28-10-2021 at 09:48 AM.
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

It may be far from over but hiding under the bed hoping it will just go away is nuts. It has to do it's course like every other disease that has come along. Maybe the vax will help but in the long term Covid will just be another flu shot you get once a year.
    Regards,

Paul W
    Taco Bell is not a Mexican telephone company

Quote Originally Posted by zqwerty View Post

"Sir Russell Coutts (Russell's certainly not one of the resident team of five million sheep)" no he's a traitor to this country who sells himself to the highest bidder.
    Have you never changed jobs for better pay? As a professional athlete that is just what Coutts did

I am entirely pro vaccination and think the people who refuse to get non vaccinated should suffer by being barred from many places , and businesses should be allowed to reopen o serve fully vaccinated people who can show a certificate and ID. Reward those of us who have been compliant ad save many businesses from closure.
    As for Sir Russell Coutts I thought it was absolutely pathetic that people called him a traitor. ( I agree with you gary67). It seems a bit like those people who cry when the All Blacks lose. Come on get a life and stop living vicariously.

I'm with Gary and Neil re Sir Russell Coutts. Purely and simply, he'd gone as far as he could go and the challenge was no longer there. Changing jobs for better pay? Absolutely. And who can forget Russell handing the helm over to Dean Barker in that final AC race (1995 regatta I think). Pure class and the mark of an amazing sportsman.

Dr Lester Levy

Leonard Cohen