C64 Rules

Default For those who want to understand why people are protesting vaccine mandates,etc.

This doctor I think explains it best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpUzDEXOlno
    Carlos maybe king, but Merts is God!!

Default Re: For those who want to understand why people are protesting vaccine mandates,etc.

Jeff, I like your bottom bit about Carlos and Merts. Clearly you are a one-eyed Cantab
    Years ago I joined Big Ben pies (Auck) as Accounting Mgr. TipTop Bread Christchurch had a similar role and we got on well. We used to sign off Confirmation of Intercompany Acct balances (during monthly Accts) as Carlos Spencer (me) and Todd Blackadder (him). It was a well liked practice and the then NZ Group GM Finance was in support of the humour. A new receptionist started at TipTop and I rang up asking for Todd. She was temporarily flustered as said "oh no you want the Canterbury Rugby Union ,Sir" The situation was explained to her. Another time i rang and said "Carlos here, can I speak to Todd, please?".
    She replied " Sorry, not just now -he's in a meeting with Merts".
    Such practices make business so much more fun.

Cheers

C64 Rules

Default Re: For those who want to understand why people are protesting vaccine mandates,etc.

Neil F been thinking it is about time I update it with Richie and Beauden.
    As to your story, one of my customers has a certain helicopter flying ex All Black captain working for them, none other than Richie McCaw. I have met him and I can say he is one of the nicest guys I have met (plus I owe him a coffee). Shortly after meeting him at another customer a guy starting chatting with me, I thought I know this person from somewhere. So I let him sign him before me so I could see who he was, turns out he was one of the Whetton brothers.
    Haven't met an All Black since.
    Carlos maybe king, but Merts is God!!

I hate watching a video just so I can get a shot sentence answer.
    Why not just tell us what he said.

And anyway I don't care what their reasons are, nor do I care what happens to them, which is most likely die.
    Ex-pctek

Quote Originally Posted by piroska View Post
    And anyway I don't care what their reasons are, nor do I care what happens to them, which is most likely die.
    I agree. I don't care about their reasons either, but I do care what happens to them. Not a very nice sentiment, piroska.

On the other hand, they only have themselves to blame if they catch it and die. What is concerning though, is that if they catch it they will possibly pass it on to someone else which is not nice. The answer to all that is to have the jab!
    It is better to wear out than to rust out.
    - Richard Chamberlain, Tour of the Hebrides

Us husbands are a sorry lot.

Quote Originally Posted by piroska View Post
    Why not just tell us what he said.

He was just blithering on nonsense about not using the word "freedom" , eg we could loose our freedoms , its bad to say that . even if its true .
    Just all about not using that word.

Nothing to do with the real reason people are protesting about vax mandates .
    Really Clutching at straws to refer to that video .

Quote Originally Posted by 1101 View Post
    He was just blithering on nonsense about not using the word "freedom" , eg we could loose our freedoms , its bad to say that . even if its true .
    Just all about not using that word.

Nothing to do with the real reason people are protesting about vax mandates .
    Really Clutching at straws to refer to that video .
    I couldn’t understand him. What language was he speaking?
    Global Warming is Mann made.

Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.
    The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

VoidMaster

I can't understand what all this talk about guaranteed freedoms is, if the government so desires it can declare a state of emergency if the situation demands it, like we had in the Red Zone in Chch, and then nobody has any freedoms except to do as they are told by the powers that be.
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by zqwerty View Post
    I can't understand what all this talk about guaranteed freedoms is, if the government so desires it can declare a state of emergency if the situation demands it, like we had in the Red Zone in Chch, and then nobody has any freedoms except to do as they are told by the powers that be.
    We've never had 100% freedom to do whatever we want .
    We have many rules to protect the majority from the minority .

I cant understand why some get so upset that we want to segregate the anti-vaxers . eg : require vax passport to be able to do certain things .
    We've allways segregated & isolated for the good of society. ....... the contagious, the criminals, the dangerously delusional , they need to be separated from the rest of us .

Old guy

Quote Originally Posted by 1101 View Post
    We've never had 100% freedom to do whatever we want .
    We have many rules to protect the majority from the minority .

I cant understand why some get so upset that we want to segregate the anti-vaxers . eg : require vax passport to be able to do certain things .
    We've allways segregated & isolated for the good of society. ....... the contagious, the criminals, the dangerously delusional , they need to be separated from the rest of us .
    You are of course quite correct in what you have said and except for the anti vaxers part I agree with you. There is in this country no other virus or for that matter any other disease where we take such extreme measures to hide from let alone one which you need to be tested for to see if you have it and should you do so you have a better than 99% chance of a full recovery.