Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Default Re: Covid Testing Thought Experiment

Quote Originally Posted by tweak'e View Post
    where not just talking young people
    Nor was I. There are more older entitled bludgers causing vax strife, who will clog up hospitals with their hands out.

Seymour seems to agree:

"The second doses were going to get done anyway," he told Newshub. "It's the first doses that matter and Super Saturday was the 21st best day for first doses. That's not significant at all."

yes, first doses is very low.
    they have done the carrot, time for the big stick.
    Tweak it till it breaks

VoidMaster

Set up tent cities in parks close to Hospitals full to the brim with Covid patients to handle the overflow (Hagley Park Chch for instance), surround the tent cities with the Army with orders to shoot on sight anyone who tries to run away and rejoin the "uninfected" public.
    Last edited by zqwerty; 17-10-2021 at 02:17 PM.
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

Well I think the worst is over once over 90% of the eligible population are fully vaccinated.

My reasoning is the 10% not vaccinated will eventually catch Covid and change sides because they are now vaccinated, short term I understand.

Given the short life of the Virus it will be no time at all before itís Game-Set & Match Humans.

Now Iím not saying it will be eradicated by any means, but Iím saying it will be controlled, and in the same box as all those other Viruses.

The bonus is all those belligerent Antivaccers who cop a dose of Covid may be blessed with a second dose as their immunity from the first dose wears off.

I look forward to hearing them squeal.
    Global Warming is Mann made.

Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.
    The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Quote Originally Posted by zqwerty View Post
    Set up tent cities in parks close to Hospitals full to the brim with Covid patients to handle the overflow (Hagley Park Chch for instance), surround the tent cities with the Army with orders to shoot on sight anyone who tries to run away and rejoin the "uninfected" public.
    Shooting them will not go down to well, but Maybe like the Netflix Series "Squid Game" --- just roll out in plain View for all to see , Basic Box Coffins stacked in the Corner, then wait.

Quote Originally Posted by B.M. View Post
    Well I think the worst is over once over 90% of the eligible population are fully vaccinated.

My reasoning is the 10% not vaccinated will eventually catch Covid and change sides because they are now vaccinated, short term I understand.

Given the short life of the Virus it will be no time at all before it’s Game-Set & Match Humans.

Now I’m not saying it will be eradicated by any means, but I’m saying it will be controlled, and in the same box as all those other Viruses.

The bonus is all those belligerent Antivaccers who cop a dose of Covid may be blessed with a second dose as their immunity from the first dose wears off.

I look forward to hearing them squeal.
    the problem is the anti-vax plus those who cannot be vax'ed can keep covid in circulation permanently.

i thing i don't like is they keep referring to "eligible people" which makes it seam far better than it actually is. what matters is % of population.
    if we have 20% of the population that cannot be vax'ed, then we need 100% vaccination of eligible people to get to 80%, which a few countries have actually done.
    Tweak it till it breaks

VoidMaster

Is this what it's going to be like for us, if so be ready for some problems:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/asia/3...from-zerocovid
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

How about, if a person gets ill from covid-19, and has not been vaccinated, they would be liable for the cost of their own medical treatment?

Why not give them a date ... say Dec 31st and say that anyone a jab has to pay for it or better still say that we are running out and there is no more available...watch them come running them? :-)
    ' The Ghost of Tom Joad '

Quote Originally Posted by mzee View Post
    How about, if a person gets ill from covid-19, and has not been vaccinated, they would be liable for the cost of their own medical treatment?
    Excellent Idea.
    Global Warming is Mann made.

Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.
    The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.