Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Wanderer

Default How often do you sign another contract with ISPs, power companies etc?

Just curious to know this. I do it every year often back to the same company. I don't always get the same deal as new customers though. How often do you do it? With ISPs, if your contract ends and you are now floating, what happens to the amount? Does it go up as if you are a floating customer?

Cheers.

Default Re: How often do you sign another contract with ISPs, power companies etc?

Wife always does a comparison as soon as our contract is up. For instance we can only get 4G wifi internet, there are no other options. Spark were giving us 160Gb for $85 found a deal with 2D that gives us 300Gb for $55, it would be $65 if we didn't have a 2D account cellphone. You may laugh but nobody does unlimited 4G

Default Re: How often do you sign another contract with ISPs, power companies etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Just curious to know this. I do it every year often back to the same company. I don't always get the same deal as new customers though. How often do you do it? With ISPs, if your contract ends and you are now floating, what happens to the amount? Does it go up as if you are a floating customer?

Cheers.
    I've been a slingshot customer for 12 years. Just last month I found that my account was going up from $114.95 to $124.95.....��
    So I phoned them, talked about that for a couple of minutes, and then the nice Kiwi speaking guy says, whoa, you've been with us for 12 years and I'm gonna do you a deal..... ended up I now pay $108.95 ....! Yay.

LL
    _____Nothing is hidden that cannot be revealed______

Quote Originally Posted by gary67 View Post
    Wife always does a comparison as soon as our contract is up. For instance we can only get 4G wifi internet, there are no other options. Spark were giving us 160Gb for $85 found a deal with 2D that gives us 300Gb for $55, it would be $65 if we didn't have a 2D account cellphone. You may laugh but nobody does unlimited 4G
    How does starlink compare to 4g?

Are you outside of fibre areas or donít want unlimited due to costs?
    Interests: PVRs, HTPCs, Apple IOS, Apple TV, Media Players, C#, Printing

Wanderer

Quote Originally Posted by gary67 View Post
    Skinny does a $60 unlimited 4G. Or $50 with a Skinny mobile.
    https://www.skinny.co.nz/broadband

C64 Rules

psycik I have a customer who has Starlink. Upload and download speeds, from memory, appear as good as fibre.
    There is a bit of lag though, but usable. Costs, I think he said about $150 a month.
    Carlos maybe king, but Merts is God!!

We are rural so fibre will never happen, as to starlink I have no idea and even though we could get Spark, the Skinny service doesn't work here.

Bleakly Optomistic

Skinny does a $60 unlimited 4G. Or $50 with a Skinny mobile.
    https://www.skinny.co.nz/broadband
    any ideas about their fair use policy? for example Spark caps me at 40gb

Just changed from Spark to Skinny with 3 free months and free modem with VDSL. Spark tried to get me off copper to 4g 3 times, even sending me a modem to connect (and claiming I ordered it). Kept telling them I didn't want 4g, wanted fibre when it comes to our street. Turns out that 4g is not available in our area so don't know why they wanted us to change to 4g when they couldn't deliver.

The new modem is compatible with fibre so won't have to change that when fibre becomes available.

Just curious to know this. I do it every year often back to the same company. .

Sign? Only when it's worth it.
    I check often though.....
    Ex-pctek