Angry Annoying things with Chrome & Chromium browsers.

There are 3 things which really bug me with Chrome & Chromium browser.
    * When launching the browser I am asked if I want the pages restored from the last session. This despite that the settings are to start with a New Tab.
    * After downloading a file I am asked if I really wish to keep it. I wouldn't download it if I didn't want it!
    * When launching it doesn't fit the whole screen, even if it was previously.
    Can't find any sensible help from Google.

Default Re: Annoying things with Chrome & Chromium browsers.

There used to be a way for the first one, you can try it but not sure if it's still applicable:

Open Chrome. Type chrome://flags/#infinite-session-restore in address bar and hit enter. Click on the right drop-down menu and change the 'Default' value to 'Disable'. Then restart Chrome to apply that setting.

Not much you can do about the second one I get around it by using a download manager. IDM is worth its weight in gold, or at least the price. It's far faster, supports proper resuming, lets you download youtube videos, and best of all doesn't do any of that warning crap.

For the third, try going to properties on the Chrome shortcut, then go to the shortcut tab, and change the Run drop down box to maximized.
    Last edited by baabits; 28-09-2021 at 05:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by baabits View Post
    There used to be a way for the first one, you can try it but not sure if it's still applicable:

Open Chrome. Type chrome://flags/#infinite-session-restore in address bar and hit enter. Click on the right drop-down menu and change the 'Default' value to 'Disable'. Then restart Chrome to apply that setting.

Not much you can do about the second one I get around it by using a download manager. IDM is worth its weight in gold, or at least the price. It's far faster, supports proper resuming, lets you download youtube videos, and best of all doesn't do any of that warning crap.

For the third, try going to properties on the Chrome shortcut, then go to the shortcut tab, and change the Run drop down box to maximized.
    1] The flag #infinite-session-restore no longer exists.
    2] Ok
    3] This happens occasionally, so it may be triggered by the website.

Do you close the browser before shutting down? mine only asks to restore the previous session if it crashes or sometimes if I leave it open and shut down the PC.
    Never had the 3rd issue so no Idea there.
    Ryzen 2700X, 16Gb DDR4RAM, 512GB M.2 NVME SSD, MSI GTX1070

1] Try cleaning out the Temp files with something like Ccleaner or windows own Disk Cleanup. Also as dugimodo posted, only ever had that happen when shutting down and leaving the Browsers open.
    2] You may find the message is a security precaution, Often exe files get flagged as possible infections and that's why its being asked, or there could be something else triggering it. personally never get that as I use a download manager that will download everything from every browser, bypassing the inbuilt downloaders.
    3] When the page is large, were the sides dragged out or maximized ?

What happens when you press the Windows key plus Up Arrow ? That should maximize the Screen to fill the screen ???.

Some possible solutions for fixing listed https://silicophilic.com/chrome-wont-go-full-screen/

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    1] Try cleaning out the Temp files with something like Ccleaner or windows own Disk Cleanup. Also as dugimodo posted, only ever had that happen when shutting down and leaving the Browsers open.
    2] You may find the message is a security precaution, Often exe files get flagged as possible infections and that's why its being asked, or there could be something else triggering it. personally never get that as I use a download manager that will download everything from every browser, bypassing the inbuilt downloaders.
    3] When the page is large, were the sides dragged out or maximized ?

What happens when you press the Windows key plus Up Arrow ? That should maximize the Screen to fill the screen ???.

Some possible solutions for fixing listed https://silicophilic.com/chrome-wont-go-full-screen/
    Windows key + Up arrow does restore the width, but the height remains at 50%.
    I think I will use Firefox instead.