Default factory reset iMac

I had the option to buy my grandson's old MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015) Processor 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5.

Set it up and have decided its not for me is there any easy way to do a factory reset so as its ready any new owner.

The same as I received it I have deauthorised iTunes, I didn't do much else on the laptop so no need to back up etc.

Just need to reset it.

Default Re: factory reset iMac

You can use internet recovery to do it- will reset it back to what it was when bought.

https://support.apple.com/en-nz/HT204904

When you boot in to Internet Recovery there's an option to connect to a Wi-Fi network to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by baabits View Post
    You can use internet recovery to do it- will reset it back to what it was when bought.

https://support.apple.com/en-nz/HT204904

When you boot in to Internet Recovery there's an option to connect to a Wi-Fi network to do it.
    Thanks for your advice had to do it twice 1st just reinstalled iOS again 2nd time went to disc utility and wiped drive now thankfully back to await new owner.

I'm getting a bit fed up with apple of late I have have 2 iPads 1= 8th generation 32gb all working fine ios 15.0. 2 = 5th generation 128gb capacity 128 gb available 97.7 gb.

2nd iPad error message = iCloud storage almost full have tried to get rid of nagging message but still can't do it.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_26.09.21.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	18.3 KB 
ID:	11128

VoidMaster

Surely you have to start with a new user name if the old user allocation is used up. I'm not sure if you can erase the cloud backup since all I have is an old iPhone 5 and it's never given me that message is spite of many photos in the phone being backed up.
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by micky View Post
    Thanks for your advice had to do it twice 1st just reinstalled iOS again 2nd time went to disc utility and wiped drive now thankfully back to await new owner.

I'm getting a bit fed up with apple of late I have have 2 iPads 1= 8th generation 32gb all working fine ios 15.0. 2 = 5th generation 128gb capacity 128 gb available 97.7 gb.

2nd iPad error message = iCloud storage almost full have tried to get rid of nagging message but still can't do it.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_26.09.21.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	18.3 KB 
ID:	11128
    You can turn off iCloud Backup to get rid of that- as a free account you get 5GB of storage. That will stop the nagging. Or disable certain apps to be backed up to save space on your 5GB cloud storage. Or subscribe to a plan for more storage.

If you have iTunes on your PC and have the iPad configured to connect to it over Wi-Fi it should also be automatically backing up to there too- usually on by default once connect over Wi-Fi is checked.