Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: ANti-Vax

Default Re: ANti-Vax

Quote Originally Posted by CliveM View Post
    You just did it again
    You didn't answer the question- what's the point in it? Won't deny it, enjoying the parlay but there's only so far one can go down the road with conspiracy theorists.

I've never made a claim that I know everything about covid- the difference between you and I is that I don't cherry pick my sources and play the strawman then pout when someone disagrees with me and start spewing bullshit. From

That stinks!

Lockdowns have not achieved anything anywhere in the world. Why do we think they will work here?
    which is verifiably wrong, and a good answer to:

Name one time a lockdown has worked..

Anyone who believes this virus can be "Eliminated" is delusional. As with any other virus we will just have to learn to live with it.
    even though New Zealand eliminated the first time round (literally went from active cases in the community to 0 covid cases, eliminating it in the country, for over 400 days;

2. The overall annual death rate in the world is pretty much the same now as it always has been. A little higher in some places but a little lower in others.
    Where you lack context again; we have a far more advanced understanding of the virus and the ability to fight it better than ever before and yet the death rate has remained the same. Why?

and this is only from one thread. No where do you yourself ever present evidence for your claims (even though you just said that I should waste my time doing it when criticizing you), and you have the gall to hint that I'm related to some government conspiracy for positive spin? If you're getting senile in your old age then I apologize, otherwise I doubt there's any way to change your mind. So with that I'll sign off and say again have a nice day- there's no point going down this track with someone who is dumb enough to believe in this crap.

Quote Originally Posted by piroska View Post
    Love it.

I sent it to my address book and am now sheltering in fear of return fire,
    Global Warming is Mann made.

Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.
    The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Old guy

Quote Originally Posted by baabits View Post
    You didn't answer the question- what's the point in it? Won't deny it, enjoying the parlay but there's only so far one can go down the road with conspiracy theorists.

I've never made a claim that I know everything about covid- the difference between you and I is that I don't cherry pick my sources and play the strawman then pout when someone disagrees with me and start spewing bullshit. From

which is verifiably wrong, and a good answer to:

even though New Zealand eliminated the first time round (literally went from active cases in the community to 0 covid cases, eliminating it in the country, for over 400 days;

Where you lack context again; we have a far more advanced understanding of the virus and the ability to fight it better than ever before and yet the death rate has remained the same. Why?

and this is only from one thread. No where do you yourself ever present evidence for your claims (even though you just said that I should waste my time doing it when criticizing you), and you have the gall to hint that I'm related to some government conspiracy for positive spin? If you're getting senile in your old age then I apologize, otherwise I doubt there's any way to change your mind. So with that I'll sign off and say again have a nice day- there's no point going down this track with someone who is dumb enough to believe in this crap.
    Well Baabbits old chap at least you are consistent, straight in with the insults and little else. Be quite clear I and my family are all fully vaccinated so I hardly qualify as an antivaxxer I am also totally sceptical of all the ridiculous conspiracy theories that abound on the Net.
    I am not going to debate the definition of the word eliminate with you, the dictionary has it pretty well covered already. I wish you and yours well for the future but you will not see me in it as I find it difficult to remain polite when someone is aggressively opinionated as yourself.

Well Baabbits old chap at least you are consistent, straight in with the insults and little else. Be quite clear I and my family are all fully vaccinated so I hardly qualify as an antivaxxer I am also totally sceptical of all the ridiculous conspiracy theories that abound on the Net.
    I am not going to debate the definition of the word eliminate with you, the dictionary has it pretty well covered already. I wish you and yours well for the future but you will not see me in it as I find it difficult to remain polite when someone is aggressively opinionated as yourself.
    It's literally the pot calling the kettle black. Of course it's ok when the insults, insuations, conspiracy theories and crap flies from you, but you can't take it back. You say you're skeptical of the conspiracy theories but you've promoted them in multiple threads. And yes, the dictionary has it well covered, which is why it's so confusing why you said that- along with not defending anything else you say. You're a complete hypocrite.

You say it's straight in with the insults and little else, ignoring the fact that unlike you, I added the data in to show that you're full of crap; and you just ignore it. That's why I didn't bother in the first place, and exactly why I said what's the point?

But whatever, that's enough on that for one night.

Best to you then.
    Last edited by baabits; 27-09-2021 at 06:53 PM.

Maybe just a little bit off track, but was talking to my daughter who lives in North Carolina two weeks ago, she asked me how things were going in NZ ...... I said we had 15 more cases of Covid.... our population is approximately 5 million....

Well in North Carolina, who's population is around 10 million, they had 29,000 cases and 200 deaths...! Ok, go figure....
    We in NZ must be doing something right.....?

LL 🤗
    _____Nothing is hidden that cannot be revealed______

Quote Originally Posted by lakewoodlady View Post
    We in NZ must be doing something right.....?
    It's almost like proper lockdowns work.
    "He who resorts to personal insults hath lost the argument."

Twitter

For sure. I just felt sad for them , she and husband have been in virtual isolation for about two years now. They are both fully vaccinated . But it's hard to see the end of this situation for them any time soon.....

LL
    _____Nothing is hidden that cannot be revealed______

Quote Originally Posted by lakewoodlady View Post
    15 more cases of Covid.... our population is approximately 5 million....

Well in North Carolina, who's population is around 10 million, they had 29,000 cases and 200 deaths...! Ok, go figure....

LL 🤗
    Actually it's gone up today.
    But also, we have 1 city with 1.5million people, and that's the main cases place.
    The US has loads of crowded cities and towns.
    Ex-pctek

I hear a lot of people questioning the reason for lockdowns. Our hospitals , (the icu's included) can't cope with more than very few cases. It is not just a problem for COVID running out of space. There wouldn't be any icu's spaces left for accidents and lot of other cases. Care for cancer patients would struggle. The general hosp. wards would overflow.
    Some politicians in the not so distant passt cleaned themselves by showing off how good they were with the countries budget. The population did not see that they were not keen on spending big sums on public hospitals. Tax cuts was the word. Much more attractive to voters, isn't it.
    We are a bit stuck between a rock and a hard place.
    The antivax people surely get public help if the disease affects them in the future.
    Let's hope the vaccine is slowing the spread, it won't stop as the antivax people make sure of that.
    Keep safe

Quote Originally Posted by notechyet View Post
    Our hospitals , (the icu's included) can't cope with more than very few cases.
    So they say.
    It can't cope now. Tons of treatments are cancelled every time there is a lockdown and it has a domino effect, too long to play catch up.
    Ex-pctek