Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: ANti-Vax

Default Re: ANti-Vax

No problems. Let's just modify the words in this to apply to the Covid-19 problem!

https://www2.kenyon.edu/projects/margin/lepfacts.htm

Ken

C64 Rules

Quote Originally Posted by tweak'e View Post
    well actually it does make a difference to you.
    vaccine is not just about protecting you, its about protecting others from you. that unfortunately is a concept that is completely foreign to many people.
    thats the point that was made at todays covid announcement. super high vaccination rates are whats needed to be able to live with minimal/no restrictions. lower vaccination rates will mean other restrictions will be used as well, and of course those restrictions will certainly impact you.

so sure its their choice but we all will suffer the outcome of that.
    as per normal, its the minority that ruins it for the rest of us.
    Tweak'e explain to me how a unvaccinated person is a danger to a vaccinated person.
    Both can catch the virus and pass it on. Both could get it bad enough to be hospitalized.
    The only difference I can see is the vaccinated person has a reduced chance of being hospitalized or bad symptoms.
    I would say the vaccinated person is a danger to a unvaccinated person as they may show few or no symptoms.
    If as you state a vaccinated person is in danger from a unvaccinated person then that would mean the vaccine is useless.

But then again I'm not a medical expert.
    Carlos maybe king, but Merts is God!!

Quote Originally Posted by KarameaDave View Post
    If the antivaccine brigade are so keen on personal freedoms, perhaps they could be
    made more free? Free to pay their own way when they require medical care for diseases they
    refused vaccination against?
    +1

Old guy

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Tweak'e explain to me how a unvaccinated person is a danger to a vaccinated person.
    Both can catch the virus and pass it on. Both could get it bad enough to be hospitalized.
    The only difference I can see is the vaccinated person has a reduced chance of being hospitalized or bad symptoms.
    I would say the vaccinated person is a danger to a unvaccinated person as they may show few or no symptoms.
    If as you state a vaccinated person is in danger from a unvaccinated person then that would mean the vaccine is useless.

If you are expecting a logical answer Jeff you are going to be dissapointed.

Apple free in Appleby KarameaDave's Avatar

Two words Clive and Jeff... herd immunity. Without enough folks playing their part
    we are doomed to repeat this cycle of lockdown after lockdown.
    No one fears smallpox now because vaccination rendered it ineffective.
    Seems some have insufficient intelligence to grasp simple facts.
    Last edited by KarameaDave; 23-09-2021 at 08:21 PM.
    FTW

C64 Rules

KarameaDave herd immunity can be achieved whether the population is vaccinated or unvaccinated.

Also another thing that is annoying me at the moment is the amount of people who are not medical experts telling everyone they should get vaccinated without any knowledge of peoples medical histories. So far we only appear to have one person who has possibly died because of the vaccine. Heard one person on the radio say they had migraines for a week after they got the vaccine, didn't say if they went to see their doctor about it. Most people I have heard from reported having a sore arm or feeling a bit sick for a few days afterwards (the same happens with the flu shot). Have not seen any reports on how many people have had adverse side effects (if anyone knows of one let me know).

Also on none of the adds for getting vaccinated have I seen them recommending you see your doctor first before getting vaccinated. Which is standard for any other medication advertised in the media. Your doctor knows your medical history and what medications you are taking. They will be able to tell you whether or not you can safely have the vaccine.

I will remind everyone I am not a medical expert, your doctor is.
    Carlos maybe king, but Merts is God!!

Totally agree with you tweak' e...... !

LL
    _____Nothing is hidden that cannot be revealed______

one of the simple issues is when an unvaccinated person infects other unvaccinated people. which means they keep it in circulation.
    now vaccinated people can spread it around, but generally no where near as much as unvaccinated people. think of unvaccinated people as "super spreaders".
    if there is enough "super spreaders" infecting a lot of vaccinated people and turning them into small spreaders, covid will spread fast and find even more "super spreaders".

even at a "high level" of 90% vaccinated, thats means in a supermarket with 50 people in it there is 5 unvaccinated people in it. which is still a lot as it only takes one.

the other issue is vaccinated people do have less chance of hospitalisation as you said, however what you have to take into account is how much dose does a person pick up.
    the more infection there is being spread around the higher the dose tends to be, especially multiple doses, which means they get sicker quicker.
    plus all the unvaccinated people will be clogging up the health care and health care will grind to a halt, cause we know how well resourced that is.
    vaccination is not a cure, especially if covid gets going.

of course if infection rates go up there will be more lockdowns etc, and thats certainly a danger to vaccination people.
    everyone will loose their "freedoms" all because of a minority.
    as most people don't want to be infected or be in lockdown yet again, and businesses will not want to put off customers, expect covid passports to be required and also restrictions on unvaccinated people.
    even if you think its complete BS i would be getting it simply to avoid having issues with shopping and travel.
    Tweak it till it breaks

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    Found the 5G reception was better afterwards though LOL.
    The first dose only gives you short range wireless though; so far I only have Bluetooth
    "He who resorts to personal insults hath lost the argument."

Twitter

KarameaDave herd immunity can be achieved whether the population is vaccinated or unvaccinated.

Also another thing that is annoying me at the moment is the amount of people who are not medical experts telling everyone they should get vaccinated without any knowledge of peoples medical histories. So far we only appear to have one person who has possibly died because of the vaccine. Heard one person on the radio say they had migraines for a week after they got the vaccine, didn't say if they went to see their doctor about it. Most people I have heard from reported having a sore arm or feeling a bit sick for a few days afterwards (the same happens with the flu shot). Have not seen any reports on how many people have had adverse side effects (if anyone knows of one let me know).

Also on none of the adds for getting vaccinated have I seen them recommending you see your doctor first before getting vaccinated. Which is standard for any other medication advertised in the media. Your doctor knows your medical history and what medications you are taking. They will be able to tell you whether or not you can safely have the vaccine.

I will remind everyone I am not a medical expert, your doctor is.
    "herd immunity can be achieved whether the population is vaccinated or unvaccinated."
    for starters that outright bogus. just because you get covid does not make you totally immune (people do catch it multiple times) and herd immunity doesn't work if your not immune. 2nd issue is all those dead people from catching covid in the first place, ie you get "immune" because you killed off everyone else.

the simple reality is there is multi millions of people who have had the vaccination before us.
    theres simply more risk driving to work in the morning than what the vaccine presents.
    of course if you have history of reactions or issues with vaccinations them certainly go see your doctor.
    Tweak it till it breaks