Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: ANti-Vax

C64 Rules

Default Re: ANti-Vax

Something for all you people telling everyone else to take the vaccine to watch and consider.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfxnKgCN3OY

lakewoodlady did you think before telling me to have the vaccine, you don't know if I have a preexisting medical condition or are on medication that may preclude me from taking the vaccine. I would assume you are not my doctor so why should I take medical advise from you?

Also I have read some of the information in the links provided by baabits (thanks for that).
    The first paragraph from the first link:

"Beyond their substantial protection of individual vaccines, coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) vaccines might reduce viral load in breakthrough infection and thereby further suppress onward transmission. In this analysis of a real-world dataset of positive severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) test results after inoculation with the BNT162b2 messenger RNA vaccine, we found that the viral load was substantially reduced for infections occurring 12–37 d after the first dose of vaccine. These reduced viral loads hint at a potentially lower infectiousness, further contributing to vaccine effect on virus spread."

I note they use the word "might" and "hint at", they do not say that the vaccine definitely reduces the spread of the virus.
    Mine you as there are very few studies in to this at present there will not be enough information for them to make a definitive statement. They are also most likely covering their asses if they are wrong.
    If the experts are not willing to make a definitive statement about this why should we as we don't have any more information than they do. We would have less information.
    Also it shows there is still transmission of the virus.
    Last edited by Jeff; 26-09-2021 at 10:24 AM.
    Carlos maybe king, but Merts is God!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Something for all you people telling everyone else to take the vaccine to watch and consider.

lakewoodlady did you think before telling me to have the vaccine, you don't know if I have a preexisting medical condition or are on medication that may preclude me from taking the vaccine. I would assume you are not my doctor so why should I take medical advise from you?

Also I have read some of the information in the links provided by baabits (thanks for that).
    The first paragraph from the first link:

"Beyond their substantial protection of individual vaccines, coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) vaccines might reduce viral load in breakthrough infection and thereby further suppress onward transmission. In this analysis of a real-world dataset of positive severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) test results after inoculation with the BNT162b2 messenger RNA vaccine, we found that the viral load was substantially reduced for infections occurring 12–37 d after the first dose of vaccine. These reduced viral loads hint at a potentially lower infectiousness, further contributing to vaccine effect on virus spread."

I note they use the word "might" and "hint at", they do not say that the vaccine definitely reduces the spread of the virus.
    Mine you as there are very few studies in to this at present there will not be enough information for them to make a definitive statement. They are also most likely covering their asses if they are wrong.
    If the experts are not willing to make a definitive statement about this why should we as we don't have any more information than they do. We would have less information.
    Also it shows there is still transmission of the virus.
    why are you trying to find an excuse?
    if you had a genuine medical reason for not taking the vaccine then you would not be here. if you outright deny the use of vaccines you also would not be here.

so why are you here trying to find an excuse to not do what you already know is the right thing to do?

you already know millions upon millions have already had it with no issue and the risk is so low thats its not worth even worrying about.
    you will be absolutely fine, so lets get it done.
    Tweak it till it breaks

Old guy

Quote Originally Posted by tweak'e View Post
    why are you trying to find an excuse?
    if you had a genuine medical reason for not taking the vaccine then you would not be here. if you outright deny the use of vaccines you also would not be here.

so why are you here trying to find an excuse to not do what you already know is the right thing to do?

you already know millions upon millions have already had it with no issue and the risk is so low thats its not worth even worrying about.
    you will be absolutely fine, so lets get it done.
    Read Jeff's post again. Nowhere did he say he would not be or has not been vaccinated.

Quote Originally Posted by CliveM View Post
    Read Jeff's post again. Nowhere did he say he would not be or has not been vaccinated.
    go back and read the thread.
    hes anti-vax, his whole argument is vaccines don't do stop covid so why bother getting it.
    this is just another excuse since i shot his other one down.

they find some misinformation and use that for their excuse, then when that gets shot down, they go find another.
    its something we see on forums on all topics, not just covid.
    even in my own trade, they get a proven answer thats opposite to the BS they have been preached, so they stick their nose in the air and storm off, and go find some little FB page where all the know nothings preach nonsense to each other.
    then the know nothings all fail and i have to go clean up their mess at our expense not theirs.
    Tweak it till it breaks

C64 Rules

For all you idiots out there I am NOT anti-vax.
    You want to take the vaccine for this virus that is your decision to make not mine.
    And it is my decision to make whether or not to take the vaccine , not yours.
    I have not stated any where that people should not take the vaccine.
    I have meet quite a few people who have taken the vaccine and they are fine. One told me he took it just to keep his wife happy, otherwise he wouldn't have taken it.
    I am concerned about all the self righteous a-holes out there trying to bully people in to taking a vaccine they are not comfortable in taking.
    You just want to label me anti-vax to try and discredit my arguments.
    I am not calling you all loony nutjobs for what you believe and I would expect you to show me the same curtesy.

Rant over.
    Last edited by Jeff; 26-09-2021 at 01:50 PM.

you don't know if I have a preexisting medical condition or are on medication that may preclude me from taking the vaccine.

OMG are you an anti-vax then?
    There is bugger all medical conditions that stop you having the vaccine.
    My husband was sick, really, really sick. He had respiratory illness and bugger all of an immune system left.
    He had vaccines, more than one.

Why are people so scared of a simple little needle? It's not much different from your flu shot, tetanus, and alll the ones you had as a kid.
    You may still catch covid but you sure aren't going to be gravely ill or dead if so.

Already millions of people, old, young, sick whatever...have had theirs. Ages ago.
    They're fine.

get over it, you're acting like a baby.
    Ex-pctek

Old guy

Quote Originally Posted by tweak'e View Post
    go back and read the thread.
    hes anti-vax, his whole argument is vaccines don't do stop covid so why bother getting it.
    this is just another excuse since i shot his other one down.

they find some misinformation and use that for their excuse, then when that gets shot down, they go find another.
    its something we see on forums on all topics, not just covid.
    even in my own trade, they get a proven answer thats opposite to the BS they have been preached, so they stick their nose in the air and storm off, and go find some little FB page where all the know nothings preach nonsense to each other.
    then the know nothings all fail and i have to go clean up their mess at our expense not theirs.
    Get yourself a good mirror!

C64 Rules

pirsoka how do you know "It's not much different from your flu shot, tetanus, and all the ones you had as a kid."?

Also you say "There is bugger all medical conditions that stop you having the vaccine." Tell that to the family and friends of people who have died from severe reactions to the medications they have been given. I am sure that will make them feel better.

For all you idiots out there I am NOT anti-vax.
    You want to take the vaccine for this virus that is your decision to make not mine.
    And it is my decision to make whether or not to take the vaccine , not yours.
    I have not stated any where that people should not take the vaccine.
    I have meet quite a few people who have taken the vaccine and they are fine. One told me he took it just to keep his wife happy, otherwise he wouldn't have taken it.
    I am concerned about all the self righteous a-holes out there trying to bully people in to taking a vaccine they are not comfortable in taking.
    You just want to label me anti-vax to try and discredit my arguments.
    I am not calling you all loony nutjobs for what you believe and I would expect you to show me the same curtesy.

Rant over.
    you cannot claim to be not an anti-vax when all your arguments are anti-vax arguments and are misinformation.

as what you do personally, effects everyone else, then everyone else gets a say in it. so yeah there's going to pressure to make sure you do the right thing.

no one has to be comfortable taking a vaccine. they just need to get it done.
    of course there is a push on. time is limited and vaccine only works well if everyone takes it.
    results of them not taken it can be pretty bad, not just medically but also socially. https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/americ...nt-believe-you

One told me he took it just to keep his wife happy, otherwise he wouldn't have taken it.
    fantastic, he did it to look after the person next to him. absolutely awesome. i do know a few like that and its good to see.
    this is not about a belief. its about science and getting the job done.
    you need to put yourself aside for a moment and do whats best for everyone.
    Tweak it till it breaks

I think the “Assembly of God” cluster is all the proof you need to realise the outcome of unvaccinated people mingling. HERE

Remember this was Gods work and I shudder to think the outcome if the Devil had been involved.
    Global Warming is Mann made.

Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.
    The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.