Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: ANti-Vax

Default Re: ANti-Vax

I don’t think the Anti-Vaxers realise that they will soon be considered “Social Lepers” and be unable to travel to some places or enter some buildings.

Bit of a bugger when you can’t even have a beer with your mates because the Pub requires you to have a “Covid Passport”.
    Global Warming is Mann made.

Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.
    The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Quote Originally Posted by piroska View Post
    Therefore....they are not rational.
    Defiance in the face of overwhelming evidence just makes you an idiot.
    Hit the nail on the head right there. Unfortunately idiots often are incapable of seeing themselves as such.

It has been a hell of a time trying to convince friends who are determined not to get vaccinated to do so. Much like some members on here, they dig in their heels, get extremely defensive, and start citing things that they have no idea what they're talking about- not just having no idea- but that a quick google search would show that they're taking whatever they've heard way out of context or it's just plain false. Sometimes a smidgen of truth that applies to extremely rare cases suddenly becomes a rallying point to deny facts and refuse to get vaccinated. Am I going to trust what you read online or what medical professionals are consistently saying as the truth?

But stupid is as stupid does. You'll never convince most idiots that they're being idiots. First jab next week, will be nice to get vaccinated and have this over with then go crawl up on a beach somewhere for some R&R.

Quote Originally Posted by 1101 View Post
    The covid vax significantly lowers the chance of death or hospitalization.
    Thats its , that all you need to know.

Just look at history, look at what happened when some cities hospitals couldnt cope with major covid outbreaks.
    Thats what NZ should be afraid of. Our hospitals wont cope (they cant cope now)

If covid gets out of control, When the NZ hospitals run out of beds & ventilators , people will who could otherwise be saved will literally be left to die .
    assuming we dont get vax rates up.
    the vac also slows down the spread.
    otherwise all those overseas countries that have done away with restrictions would have massive infection rates. currently its high but nothing close to what it was early on.
    clearly vaccinations is working.

i doubt they will let covid get out of control, restrictions will kick in and we may end up with permeant restrictions. no one wants that.
    Tweak it till it breaks

So what happens, when at my age having been vaccinated, I have a massive heart attack and need ICU care. At the same time, a person of the same age, not vaccinated gets rushed to hospital in a real bad way with the Covid-19 infection. Needs ICU urgently as well!

However, there is only one ICU bed available due to the Delta variety filling the hospitals ICU beds with cases!

All being equal, who should get the ICU bed?

Your thoughts please.

Ken

Old guy

Unless you are already familiar with "cognitive dissonance" it is an interesting subject to read up on. Perhaps to biggest problem with cognitive dissonance is that it is difficult to guarantee that it is the other guy that has it and not yourself. It applies to a lot of the discussion in this thread.

From a Anti Vax supporter.

Even if 100% of the population is Vaccinated, we are still going to get 1000’s of deaths and every one of them will have been Vaccinated!
    Global Warming is Mann made.

Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.
    The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Quote Originally Posted by kenj View Post
    So what happens, when at my age having been vaccinated, I have a massive heart attack and need ICU care. At the same time, a person of the same age, not vaccinated gets rushed to hospital in a real bad way with the Covid-19 infection. Needs ICU urgently as well!

However, there is only one ICU bed available due to the Delta variety filling the hospitals ICU beds with cases!

All being equal, who should get the ICU bed?

Your thoughts please.

Ken
    i would hate to be the one making that call but that sort of thing is done all the time. they have procedures for that.

however i suspect the covid ICU will be separate from the rest. you can't just have infectious people in the same area as the non-infected.
    so odds are the covid patient will miss out and you will get the bed that reserved for non-covid patients.
    Tweak it till it breaks

Whew! Thanks tweak'e

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by B.M. View Post
    From a Anti Vax supporter.

Even if 100% of the population is Vaccinated, we are still going to get 1000’s of deaths and every one of them will have been Vaccinated!
    i assume that means "therefore no need to get vaccinated".

the trouble with vaccinations is that it forces people to admit that covid is real.
    denying covid exists is kind of a self protection measure. people have the ability to ignore danger/risk, otherwise no one would be crazy enough to sail around the world in small wooden boats and settling in other countries, or do any of the dangerous things we do that kills people every year.
    if you deny the issue exists then you can get on with life.
    vaccinations are a real physical thing, not just info on the tv or internet. it makes covid very real.
    Tweak it till it breaks

Quote Originally Posted by kenj View Post
    Whew! Thanks tweak'e

Ken
    don't thank me just yet.
    they will have downsized the non-covid icu, so your going to be competing with all the other types of emergencies.

come to think of it the other issue will be ambo's. if they are flat out dealing with covid, they may not get to you.
    sorry, but all the more reason to keep covid cases way down as much as possible.

also it makes you think about the hell that other countries have/are going through which we have been very fortunate not to have.
    people here complain about lockdown here. a mate in usa had 3 months of lockdown and ~18 months of restrictions.
    Tweak it till it breaks