Default Android sound settings Version 8 and version 11

I've just got a new phone (Samsung Flip3 5G), replacing my old Galaxy A5.
    The A5 was on Android 8 and the new one is Android 11. I'm noticing a lot of differences between the versions, not all for the better.
    On the A5 I could set the sound to zero for games so I wasn't constantly irritated. I don't seem to be able to do that on Android 11. The volume rocker just controls all volumes, which means if I set it to zero to block out the games I miss notifications etc as well.
    Is there something I'm missing, or is that just how it now is?
    We are all but temporary files on the great HDD of life.

Old guy

Default Re: Android sound settings Version 8 and version 11

It appears you can set what you like in settings.https://support.google.com/android/answer/9082609?hl=en

Quote Originally Posted by CliveM View Post
    It appears you can set what you like in settings.https://support.google.com/android/answer/9082609?hl=en
    That's brilliant. Thanks. It did surprise me that there appeared to be a degradation in the facilities. When you look at the two Versions side by side there are in fact the same functions in each, but you reach them by slightly different routes. I think my problem is not being totally in tune with the way Android does things, so I don't have the same instinct for things that I do with for instance, Windows.

VoidMaster

How long is the folding screen guaranteed for? Can it easily be replaced when it cracks?
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by zqwerty View Post
    How long is the folding screen guaranteed for? Can it easily be replaced when it cracks?
    The general warranty is 24 months, but of course the CGA applies. Don't know about the replaceability of the screen, but Samsung reckons it is good for 200,000 folds.

Old guy

Report on how you like it in a couple of weeks Tony. Always interested in real user comments.

VoidMaster

So at 100 folds a day (conservative estimate) that's about three/four years or so.
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by zqwerty View Post
    So at 100 folds a day (conservative estimate) that's about three/four years or so.
    I think Samsung reckon on 5 years. I suspect my usage is less than the average, so it should last the full 5 years
    Last edited by Tony; 21-09-2021 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CliveM View Post
    Report on how you like it in a couple of weeks Tony. Always interested in real user comments.
    So far, so good. I like the general feel of it, It is heavier than the A5, but not unduly so. It is really compact when folded up and slips nicely into the pocket. My main grizzle is with the battery life. Although it is a a gruntier battery than the A5, I'm going through it much more quickly. My other issue has been getting used to the Android 8/Android 11 differences, which is not down to the actual phone. As part of the pre-order from Samsung, I go a free wireless charger, and that is very convenient.