Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Microsoft Office 2019

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    You usually have to re-enter the account details (but not always - sometimes it will pick it up, sometimes it wont) . If you are using a .pst file the new install should pick up the .pst file automatically if its in the default location. If using IMAP, then its syncing with the online, so any thing online should transfer over. Normally I make a backup of the contacts in case they don't come over.
    When the old copy of Office is uninstalled, the .pst file still sits in the 'default' location?

Am I right to say that backing up of the contacts, emails, etc is not always essential, -- the new install will just pick it up?

I have been using 2013 for many, many, years, and every time when I reinstall Office, I got to do the restore from the backup .pst file), and re-configure my Outlook.

Have thought of ditching Outlook completely many times, but still cannot find a proper .pst file viewer so that I can still read my old emails when needed.

Quote Originally Posted by bk T View Post
    Have thought of ditching Outlook completely many times, but still cannot find a proper .pst file viewer so that I can still read my old emails when needed.
    Are you meaning a complete different Email Client that can import an existing .pst file and send /receive emails OR just a viewer that allows you to read a .pst file. (the reader is just that a reader, cant send, etc but can read only)

A reader. I need a good reader which I can view my old emails when needed. So that I can ditch my MS Outlook for emails.

A reader. I need a good reader which I can view my old emails when needed. So that I can ditch my MS Outlook for emails.
    Two I have had a play with are

https://www.nucleustechnologies.com/...pst-viewer.php

And

https://www.ostpstviewer.com/

The 1st one allows you to open mail and attachments as well as Print them off or Print to PDF and save them, where as the other only allows you to read the mail, you need the Paid version to do anything else.

One of them, I "think" its the 2nd looks more like The layout for outlook. Both have free ( limited usage) and paid versions.

Outlook is the best pst veiwer. You have Outlook, use that .
    You dont have to have an email a/c in Outlook to use it to view the old emails .

Can you just add your current email account to Outlook and then drag the folders from the PST over to your email account? Will take a while but then you have them all merged and the freedom to move around.