Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Toner - never ending

Being new to a Brother Laser printer I purchased replacement toner when my printer advised that the toner was low. So far the printer has produced another 140 pages.

Live and learn eh? . I assume that the toner does not have a used-by date.?

Default Re: Toner - never ending

Quote Originally Posted by Pato View Post
    Being new to a Brother Laser printer I purchased replacement toner when my printer advised that the toner was low. So far the printer has produced another 140 pages.

Live and learn eh? . I assume that the toner does not have a used-by date.?
    Not as far as I know it doesn't. Had Laser Printers sitting in the workshop for a couple of years, when then used, simply blow away the dust and spiders give the toner a shake, and away they go again.

Isn't it cheaper to buy a new Brother Laser Printer, rather than buy a toner refill??
    A married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Isn't it cheaper to buy a new Brother Laser Printer, rather than buy a toner refill??
    Certainly can be. When my HL-2270DW was due for a new drum as well as toner it was cheaper to replace it with a new HL-2375DW, basically the same printer with a more swept-up presentation (LCD display for printer status etc.). The old one now sits on a shelf and glowers at me whenever I look at it. I could give it away, but the lucky recipient would then be faced with the same replacement costs I decided to avoid.

There must be a moral there somewhere.

VoidMaster

As has already been said, just take the toner cartridge out and give it a good shake, then put it back in and away you go.
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    No, also depends on the Printers. If you had a budget low end and it was purchased on a special then it would be close, but also depends on where you get the toners from, some places are rip off merchants.

Also depends on it they are Genuine Toners or Compatible, and what capacity. Compatible are a LOT cheaper than Originals.

One of my Brother lasers The MFC -L2713DW has two capacity, YIELD: 1200pgs or YIELD: 3000pgs RRP $79 / $122 The RRP price for the actual Printer is $329.

NOW if you are talking DRUMS -- That can be a different matter, again depending on the Model a replacement DRUM can be more than a new Printer.
    Last edited by wainuitech; 02-09-2021 at 01:53 PM.

Bleakly Optomistic

Also a reminder. When taking the cartridge out and giving it a bloody good shake, remember to seal the cartridge so the remaining ink doesn't fly too far

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    No, also depends on the Printers.
    One of my Brother lasers The MFC -L2713DW has two capacity, YIELD: 1200pgs or YIELD: 3000pgs RRP $79 / $122
    That's shocking.
    I've had inkjets that do 1200 pages and the cartridge costs $12
    Ex-pctek

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    Not as far as I know it doesn't. Had Laser Printers sitting in the workshop for a couple of years, when then used, simply blow away the dust and spiders give the toner a shake, and away they go again.
    Thanks. I wasn't sure.

My printer is the MFC-L2713DW and I consider it a good buy. I haven't thought about a replacement drum yet.

Quote Originally Posted by piroska View Post
    That's shocking.
    I've had inkjets that do 1200 pages and the cartridge costs $12
    If you leave Inks for to long they disappear. Seen MANY customers who buy Inks, use them once or twice and a few weeks later empty. Toners don't do that. Most of those cheap Inks are either refills or compatible, Some printers simply wont work on crap. Got a color laser -- Has the same cartridges that were installed a couple of years ago - lets see a inkjet do that

The figures quoted in Toner specs are only estimates.

The Same Printer Pato mentioned is what I have, page count is 2050 and around 50% used. ( smaller Capacity Toner)
    Last edited by wainuitech; 02-09-2021 at 03:38 PM.