Default FB MESSENGER HAS BLACK LINES ACROSS WRITTEN TEXT

Hi.
    I have been saving conversations with one person in FB Messenger since July 14th 2021. All was well until there was a black semi-transparent rectangle started appearing over both of the text messages between myself and the other person. This started happening on 16th August 2021 and has continued since then. I usually save the message conversations every 2-3 days continuing from where the previous one ended.
    I have not changed the method of saving the conversations, using Save as: web page complete (*.htm;*.html)
    What can be the cause of this?
    Two pics are attached, chat 1 shows part of the first messenger chat and all is good, chat 2 shows how it has become since the 16th Aug. It's a real PITA and I would love to get things back to how they should be.
    Thanks in advance.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chat 1.JPG 
Views:	34 
Size:	38.7 KB 
ID:	11071 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chat 2.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	25.1 KB 
ID:	11072

In fact, it all started after I deleted a lot of messages on the 16th Aug..... as pic showsClick image for larger version. 

Name:	chat 3.JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	29.2 KB 
ID:	11073
    Last edited by kioti; 29-08-2021 at 09:13 AM.

Bleakly Optomistic

Default Re: FB MESSENGER HAS BLACK LINES ACROSS WRITTEN TEXT

I get that too, it'll be because you're saving it as a complete page, so the usual stuff that comes up when you click on a message is embedded in the saved page too, and shows up funny. Tried just using screenshots?

the_bogan
    Hi. Save as: web page complete (*.htm;*.html) is the only option of 3 that actually saves something I can use.
    If I use Webpage, HTML only (*.htm;*.html) only saves the Edge icon and clicking that opens a blank page with the facebook URL
    IF I use Webpage, single file (*.mhtml) in the folder I get the Edge icon I click and a folder and clicking the Edge icon opens a page of computer code, alphanumeric hieroglyphics of no use to me at all.
    It is only producing the blacking out when I Save as a FB Page and Chat messenger. Saving any other webpage is fine. It is JUST the FB Messenger Chatbox that is getting the blacking out over texts.
    As for saving as screenshots, that would take me hours to do mate. When I do the Save of the FB Page all I want really is the Messenger chat and when I do the Save as, I am saving days of conversation, HOURS of it. Screenshots will only give me 4 lines of message text, a total of 10 seconds chat at the most.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	webpage complete.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	43.3 KB 
ID:	11075

Thanks for your suggestions.
    Last edited by kioti; 01-09-2021 at 12:04 AM.

Copy and paste just the chat into a word document. can scroll and read all. Worked for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Colpol View Post
    Copy and paste just the chat into a word document. can scroll and read all. Worked for me.
    Colpol

Hi. Yep that will work, only saves text no Gifs or pics sent.
    Text only is better than nothing even if there are no separating spaces between other person and my messages.

Thanks