Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Lockdown? What Lockdown?

Today we had to go up the road to obtain some more essential medication for our cat, otherwise we would have not gone out. We were surprised at the amount of people walking and running and the traffic on the road was almost normal.

What happened to the lockdown? It did not appear to be any different on any other day, although not as busy as a weekend. What are all those doing out of their houses? I thought that we were all supposed to stay at home. It did not appear to be that today.
    It is better to wear out than to rust out.
    - Richard Chamberlain, Tour of the Hebrides

Us husbands are a sorry lot.

Default Re: Lockdown? What Lockdown?

In Newmarket Auckland roads are largely free. I still get pissed off at people who still think they are above wearing a mask. At noon today i passed a couple with a baby in a stroller -wife had on a mask, hubby pushing the stroller no mask and a few minutes latera young mum with daughter no mask. Ok no people near by but she did not have a mask "dangling on her for when se encounters other people. And a general observation some people still do not seem to understand or want to scan in-are they dumb or being deliberately arrogant ?

And my hated phrase -The team of 5 million ' absolute bullshit -where is team spirit?

Well a Christchurch dentist got caught mountain biking in the St James, since when is 2 hours drive to go biking local?

yet i go through police check points every day.
    kinda sucks, but hopefully they will keep a few people away.
    Tweak it till it breaks

Quote Originally Posted by Neil F View Post
    And my hated phrase -The team of 5 million ' absolute bullshit -where is team spirit?
    Happy to live in a foreign country, but treat their rules with contempt.

Time to send them home if they are going to disrupt a whole country.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Covid.png 
Views:	50 
Size:	43.2 KB 
ID:	11063
    Global Warming is Mann made.

Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.
    The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

I have never worn a mask, this time or last year during lock down or when restrictions apply. I have a breathing problem and use a steroid inhaler to keep me going.

However, I walk daily for an hour at these times leaving home at 6-6.30am and rarely ever see anyone. If I do see another walker, I usually cross the road until we have passed then return. I find this is the easiest way.

Ken

Husband did you know, he had an xray not long before the end, with mask on.........he didn't like it much but it didn't aggravate his breathing issues and the breathing issues are what killed him ultimately.

I've seen a few cars, not as many, people still shop, go for their shots and stuff. Some out exercising which is permitted, some had masks, some not.
    As I said her next door got her usual weekly visit from the other one, but then she doesn't have a (drivable) car so probably bought her shopping over I guess.
    Both kinds probably....ahem.

I waited on my mum at the supermarket the other day and 2 joined queue without a mask.
    I watched, and one pulled it out and donned it as she got nearer, the other I couldn't see, he got to door....but when he came out he had one on, lol....given one?

The mask is for when you are near others.....fine if you're not.
    Ex-pctek

Wanderer

I have noticed more cars this time than last year's lockdown. I stood on the motorway bridge which is 10min walk from my place, I stood there for 5mins I couldn't get a photo with no cars in it.

I have my vaccine next week been booked 6 weeks ago, yet the drive thrus are for people who haven't even booked .... meh.

SWMBO and I both had our first today, it was organised through her work as they had more than 80 to do.

Apple free in Appleby KarameaDave's Avatar

I have to drive to Christchurch on Monday, P.E.T/CT scan Tuesday, then drive back Wednesday.
    Would have caught up with family and friends if there wasn't a lock-down, oh well, can't be helped.
    FTW