Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Lockdown? What Lockdown?

Quote Originally Posted by paulw View Post
    People are all over it this time. I know I am. Not hiding under the bed.
    Last time, many people were really scared .
    This time, people realize covid isnt a death sentence if you are healthy (with a few rare exceptions)
    You can see the new attitude in supermarkets , everyone wears a mask, but arnt keeping 'safe' distances .

I dont think the govt will be able to do another lockdown after this one , the public wont accept another .
    Look at Aus to see the public pushback against lockdowns .

This will be the last extended lockdown most will all agree to comply with.

Quote Originally Posted by 1101 View Post
    This time, people realize covid isnt a death sentence if you are healthy (with a few rare exceptions)
    You can see the new attitude in supermarkets , everyone wears a mask, but arnt keeping 'safe' distances .

I dont think the govt will be able to do another lockdown after this one , the public wont accept another .
    Look at Aus to see the public pushback against lockdowns .

This will be the last extended lockdown most will all agree to comply with.
    i don't think thats the case at all.

people can see whats happening and that it looks like the tide is turning and we will be out of this soon enough.
    the problem in NSW is the govt screwed it up by starting off with the bare minimum, which didn't work, and then ramped up, which didn't work, then ramped up even more.
    so people in NSW can see they are going to be in lockdown for a long time to come with ever increasing restrictions.
    i suspect we will be out of this well before they are even remotely looking like it.
    Tweak it till it breaks

Looking into my Crystal Ball I can see the Antivaxers getting a wakeup call when they find they Canít get work, Canít enter certain functions, Cant Travel, and on and on the list goes, all because they donít have a ďFull Vaccination PassportĒ.

I note some of the Aussie Truckies are protesting, so that will be interesting, because I canít see some of the State Premiers bowing to their wishes.

HERE
    Global Warming is Mann made.

Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.
    The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Quote Originally Posted by B.M. View Post
    Looking into my Crystal Ball I can see the Antivaxers getting a wakeup call when they find they Can’t get work, Can’t enter certain functions, Cant Travel, and on and on the list goes, all because they don’t have a “Full Vaccination Passport”.
    all ready happening in some countries.

the other thing is if covid mutates into something a bit nastier, the anti-vaxers won't be alive to worry about restrictions. theres already been a few covid deniers who have died from it.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/covid-...VPZK5GLNI7Y5M/
    Tweak it till it breaks

Its ok I am from Motueka. prefect's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tweak'e View Post
    all ready happening in some countries.

the other thing is if covid mutates into something a bit nastier, the anti-vaxers won't be alive to worry about restrictions. theres already been a few covid deniers who have died from it.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/covid-...VPZK5GLNI7Y5M/
    Anti vaxxers die from Covid:
    Its called karma and Darwin's law.
    Its amazing how Potatoes give us chips,fries and Vodka.

Get your s*** together every other vegetable.

Quote Originally Posted by 1101 View Post

I don't think so, my attitude hasn't changed.
    My mum was one that didn't want a vaccine.....the "safety" thing....I just booked her, took her and she didn't fuss.

People didn't always keep distance last time either, and most know Auckland was the main outbreak area...not elsewhere and they're sick of lockdowns

We just need to hurry up with the vaccinations and start on the yearly boosters, as is done with flu. And remember flu can be nasty but people don't walk round panicking, if its not in the news, people tend to be oblivious, yet people, admittedly older, unwell people still die from it.

Husband would have died from a bad cold...never mind anything worse...
    Ex-pctek

Had to go to the opticians today as the lens fell out of my glasses. Tried to put it back but left hand is nearly useless so gave up. Got out my old glasses and as I took them out of the case they have been in for just over a year, one of the silicone nose pads broke in half leaving the mount sticking out making them unwearable. That beggared my plan to wear them till next week when the optician opens up officially. Bad day so far.

So, had to wear a mask. For the first time ever! I just have been avoiding places where they are required. Was not impressed at all! I must say.

Specsavers, Napier were excellent! They have a couple of staff on just for things like this. All done with distancing and there was no charge to repair both sets. All done in 30 minutes.

Ken

kenj, same sort of thing, but hearing aid wire about to fall apart.

Shopping this morning and apologized to shop owner about not wearing mask, it was there to see and I was told that one could ring the hearing aid people and they would come out and take the aid away to be repaired and deliver back.

Will do that tomorrow and see.

lurking.