Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default I've done a bold thing - or maybe not...

I've been thinking about getting a new phone for a while, and this morning I pre-ordered a Galaxy Flip3 direct from Samsung. It will be the most expensive phone I've ever owned, but I've decided I'm at an age where I should start enjoying my money. Shipping is 27 August.

So am I bold or foolish?
    We are all but temporary files on the great HDD of life.

Default Re: I've done a bold thing - or maybe not...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    So am I bold or foolish?
    Yes
    Ryzen 2700X, 16Gb DDR4RAM, 512GB M.2 NVME SSD, MSI GTX1070

I've been thinking about getting a new phone for a while, and this morning I pre-ordered a Galaxy Flip3 direct from Samsung. It will be the most expensive phone I've ever owned, but I've decided I'm at an age where I should start enjoying my money. Shipping is 27 August.

So am I bold or foolish?
    Not yet, but soon enough you'll be able to select from: A=bold, B-Foolish, C=Both, D=Both + poorer.
    Entropy is not what
    it used to be.

I remember, when working for Telecom in the early 70s, I was told about a new phone coming out that you could take anywhere, even in your car. We were surprised.

It was Telecom's idea to have coverage the entire length of highway 1. That took a while. Now it's unusual to come across a location where you cannot obtain a signal.

As you will remember, the original phones were the size of a brick - and just about as heavy and only the rich could afford one. Nowadays they are small and everybody has one.

And why do they shout when they use their phone? Why don't they just open the window? Surely at that volume they don't need a phone.

And as you say, Tony, why not enjoy your money while you still can. That's what we do and we are in our 70s.
    It is better to wear out than to rust out.
    - Richard Chamberlain, Tour of the Hebrides

Us husbands are a sorry lot.

Wouldn't say foolish. You have to splash out every so often, cant take $$ With you when its ya time

Just read some reviews https://www.tomsguide.com/reviews/galaxy-z-flip-3 Looks like the cam isn't as good as some others, and the battery doesn't last to long so will need more charging. BUT at least you dont have to mortage the house just to buy one.

Only real thing I hate with smaller phones -- its easy to misplace the damn thing (Been there, done that)

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    Only real thing I hate with smaller phones -- its easy to misplace the damn thing (Been there, done that)
    SWMBO can't find what she did with her phone on a regular basis - she asks me to ring her phone so she can locate it.
    It is better to wear out than to rust out.
    - Richard Chamberlain, Tour of the Hebrides

Us husbands are a sorry lot.

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    Wouldn't say foolish. You have to splash out every so often, cant take $$ With you when its ya time

Just read some reviews https://www.tomsguide.com/reviews/galaxy-z-flip-3 Looks like the cam isn't as good as some others, and the battery doesn't last to long so will need more charging. BUT at least you dont have to mortage the house just to buy one.

I'm sure the phone will be good enough for me, and I think the battery life will be OK too, as I don 't have it stuck to my ear all day. It seems to have had nearly all overall positive reviews. I tend not to lose my phone as I keep it in a pouch on my belt.

Did you undertake any research before you sent away your hard earned dollars?

If so, what?
    A married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Did you undertake any research before you sent away your hard earned dollars?

If so, what?
    Read reviews from all over the place and looked at the specs.

So am I bold or foolish?
    Good on you Tony! Worked hard and enjoying the fruits of your labour.

A friend of mine bought the original Galaxy Z Flip and they absolutely love it. Gotta admit I'm kinda envious of that satisfying open and shut when a call comes.

Hope you enjoy it!