Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 169

Thread: Covid

  1. #31
    Retired old codger kenj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Nhapier
    Posts
    5,959

  2. #32
    Wrinkly Member! B.M.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Mount Maunganui
    Posts
    8,298

    Default Re: Covid

    And that's not Racism.

    This Government has to go!
    Global Warming is Mann made.

    Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.
    .
    The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

  3. #33
    Senior Member piroska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    With Kim-Jong-Mum
    Posts
    3,700

    Default Re: Covid

    McKee also expressed her disgust with the Police Minister for not advocating for police to be vaccinated, despite them having to touch and arrest people, and some having even been spat on. “She’s not doing her job” McKee said.
    Ex-pctek

  4. #34
    Wrinkly Member! B.M.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Mount Maunganui
    Posts
    8,298

    Default Re: Covid

    The Lunatics definitely have the key to the Asylum.
    Global Warming is Mann made.

    Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.
    .
    The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

  5. #35
    Senior Member piroska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    With Kim-Jong-Mum
    Posts
    3,700

    Default Re: Covid

    I don't know, look at Collins:

    https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...-key-portfolio

    "shuffling deckchairs" is one of the comments. Yep.
    If she removed herself and picked someone with a bit of charisma, their chances would skyrocket immensely...most voters choose charisma over known ability or skill.
    Ex-pctek

  6. #36
    Retired old codger kenj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Nhapier
    Posts
    5,959

    Default Re: Covid

    Then there is this sort of shite going on!

    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/lockdo...QYZ3XLSZCIHRQ/

    My wife and I have been married the same length of time as this poor guy! I don't know what I would do if it were me.

    A pox on these bastards who say they run our country!

    Ken

  7. #37
    Old guy
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    3,031

    Default Re: Covid

    Quote Originally Posted by kenj View Post
    Then there is this sort of shite going on!

    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/lockdo...QYZ3XLSZCIHRQ/

    My wife and I have been married the same length of time as this poor guy! I don't know what I would do if it were me.

    A pox on these bastards who say they run our country!

    Ken
    That stinks!

    Lockdowns have not achieved anything anywhere in the world. Why do we think they will work here?
    Anyone who believes this virus can be "Eliminated" is delusional. As with any other virus we will just have to learn to live with it.
    After more than a year of constant Covid disaster porn from the government and their paid for media it is not surprising that most of our population are living in fear. It is no way to live your life.

  8. #38
    tweakedgeek tweak'e's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    winterlessnorth (well almost)
    Posts
    5,132

    Default Re: Covid

    Quote Originally Posted by CliveM View Post
    That stinks!

    Lockdowns have not achieved anything anywhere in the world. Why do we think they will work here?
    Anyone who believes this virus can be "Eliminated" is delusional. As with any other virus we will just have to learn to live with it.
    After more than a year of constant Covid disaster porn from the government and their paid for media it is not surprising that most of our population are living in fear. It is no way to live your life.

    lockdowns have worked, we have eliminated covid several times already. lockdowns have worked well in reducing infection rate around the world.
    lockdowns have worked for 100's of years.
    there is no such thing as "learn to live with it".
    nz has not "lived in fear", quite the opposite. we have had very little effect from it and enjoyed our freedoms. life has been close to normal for most.

    a mate came back from USA, they had 3 months of level 4 lockdown, then a year of level 3/2. over a year of mask wearing.
    nz has had a few minor lockdowns, absolutely nothing compared to what many other countries have had to endure.



    i'm not sure why your even bothering to try and push your nonsense this late in the game.
    Tweak it till it breaks

  9. #39
    Wrinkly Member! B.M.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Mount Maunganui
    Posts
    8,298

    Default Re: Covid

    Quote Originally Posted by tweak'e View Post
    lockdowns have worked, we have eliminated covid several times already. lockdowns have worked well in reducing infection rate around the world.
    lockdowns have worked for 100's of years.
    there is no such thing as "learn to live with it".
    nz has not "lived in fear", quite the opposite. we have had very little effect from it and enjoyed our freedoms. life has been close to normal for most.

    a mate came back from USA, they had 3 months of level 4 lockdown, then a year of level 3/2. over a year of mask wearing.
    nz has had a few minor lockdowns, absolutely nothing compared to what many other countries have had to endure.



    i'm not sure why your even bothering to try and push your nonsense this late in the game.
    I agree, we've been down this track many times and the only way out was Social Distancing and Vaccination.

    The problem we and Australia have is Civil Disobedience.

    Time a hard-line was taken with these Goof's.
    Global Warming is Mann made.

    Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.
    .
    The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

  10. #40
    Senior Member baabits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    too far away
    Posts
    477

    Default Re: Covid

    Quote Originally Posted by B.M. View Post
    I agree, we've been down this track many times and the only way out was Social Distancing and Vaccination.

    The problem we and Australia have is Civil Disobedience.

    Time a hard-line was taken with these Goof's.
    Civil Disobedience alright

    https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/126...h-at-bike-park
    Last edited by baabits; 28-08-2021 at 04:42 PM. Reason: wrong URL

Similar Threads

  1. Covid-19
    By B.M. in forum PC World Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-08-2021, 05:39 PM
  2. The Covid Jab
    By CliveM in forum PC World Chat
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 25-07-2021, 08:47 AM
  3. Covid jab
    By kenj in forum PC World Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 23-06-2021, 10:36 AM
  4. First Covid-19 vaccine jab?
    By kenj in forum PC World Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 28-05-2021, 11:53 PM
  5. COVID-19 vaccine?
    By Billy in forum PC World Chat
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 23-04-2020, 01:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •