Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Covid

Default Re: Covid

A new Sth African variant is on its way.
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/covid-...VPZK5GLNI7Y5M/

Yet another bit of media scaremongering to say its worse than Delta , its still being studied .

Im getting pee'ed off the the continual labor party lies & denials over their stuff ups
    Turns out they had ASKED Pfizer to delay sending out vax's . Look where thats got us now, a month + wait & not enough vax's to meet demand.

Quote Originally Posted by tweak'e View Post
    i don't recall exact details and i doubt i could even pronounce the names. there has been main stream articles on it which may still be around.
    “You are not a horse. You are not a cow. Seriously, y’all. Stop it.”

That is the message from the US Food and Drug Administration after reports emerged people were using Ivermectin to treat Covid.

The drug, which is often used to treat or prevent parasites in animals, has been touted as a potential treatment for Covid by right-wing commentators. Last year, we heard similar comments about hydroxychloroquine – but there was no evidence this was effective in treating the virus.

Ivermectin is primarily used to treat people with intestinal strongyloidiasis and onchocerciasis, two conditions caused by parasitic worms. There is also concern from medical officials that people are using Ivermectin that has been designed for large animals – and people may be ingesting huge doses of the drug.

Doctors have warned of the dangers of quack cures after a Sydney man was rushed to hospital after self-administering Ivermectin.

Craig Kelly has regularly spouted Covid misinformation on his social media.

“Thankfully he didn’t develop severe toxicity but it didn’t help their Covid either,” Associate Professor Gunja said.

“There’s no evidence to support the use of ivermectin to treat COVID-19. Don’t look for magic cures online, and don’t rely on what’s being peddled on the internet, because none of them work.”

But that hasn’t stopped Right-wing groups pushing the drug as an alternative treatment.

In the United States, far-right commentator Milo Yiannopoulos shared four images on Telegram over the weekend that suggested he had Covid and had injected himself with ivermectin.

The ivermectin bottle in Yiannopoulos’ photos had imaged of a cow and a pig on it and was marked: “For veterinary use only.”
    Ex-pctek

Quote Originally Posted by piroska View Post

That is the message from the US Food and Drug Administration after reports emerged people were using Ivermectin to treat Covid.

The drug, which is often used to treat or prevent parasites in animals, has been touted as a potential treatment for Covid by right-wing commentators.
    Yeee god’s there’s some nutters out there. HERE

Years ago we used to inject 1000kg Bulls with it.

The injection went between the skin and the meat underneath so you had to pull the skin out and get the needle just under it.

I don’t know how many times I got the needle in my finger having got the needle under the skin but out the other side. (I'll never have worms)

I hope these nutters do it the same way.

We used a paste on the horses, much simpler.
    Global Warming is Mann made.

Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.
    The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Quote Originally Posted by B.M. View Post

Years ago we used to inject 1000kg Bulls with it.

The injection went between the skin and the meat underneath so you had to pull the skin out and get the needle just under it.

I don’t know how many times I got the needle in my finger having got the needle under the skin but out the other side. (I'll never have worms)

I hope these nutters do it the same way.

We used a paste on the horses, much simpler.
    There's a picture of a clueless woman on facebook going round.

She said: I injected myself with ivermectin and i just shat myself in the supermarket, is this normal????

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-09-02 at 1.34.24 PM.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	49.6 KB 
ID:	11078
    Last edited by baabits; 02-09-2021 at 01:35 PM. Reason: attached image

Bleakly Optomistic

The drug, which is often used to treat or prevent parasites in animals, has been touted as a potential treatment for Covid by right-wing commentators. Last year, we heard similar comments about hydroxychloroquine – but there was no evidence this was effective in treating the virus.

Ivermectin is primarily used to treat people with intestinal strongyloidiasis and onchocerciasis, two conditions caused by parasitic worms. There is also concern from medical officials that people are using Ivermectin that has been designed for large animals – and people may be ingesting huge doses of the drug.

Doctors have warned of the dangers of quack cures after a Sydney man was rushed to hospital after self-administering Ivermectin.

Craig Kelly has regularly spouted Covid misinformation on his social media.

“Thankfully he didn’t develop severe toxicity but it didn’t help their Covid either,” Associate Professor Gunja said.

“There’s no evidence to support the use of ivermectin to treat COVID-19. Don’t look for magic cures online, and don’t rely on what’s being peddled on the internet, because none of them work.”

But that hasn’t stopped Right-wing groups pushing the drug as an alternative treatment.

In the United States, far-right commentator Milo Yiannopoulos shared four images on Telegram over the weekend that suggested he had Covid and had injected himself with ivermectin.

The ivermectin bottle in Yiannopoulos’ photos had imaged of a cow and a pig on it and was marked: “For veterinary use only.”
    yes, most people are going to the vets for it, when there is a variant suited for humans avaialable from their doctors

Quote Originally Posted by B.M. View Post
    )
    Yep.
    Can't have a simple vaccine injection, better to ingest all sorts of weird **** instead. They are mad....
    Ex-pctek

i wasn't referring to that, doctors don't do things like that.

Yep.
    Can't have a simple vaccine injection, better to ingest all sorts of weird **** instead. They are mad....
    that i agree with, they are mad. just like at the start when people started drinking methanol to kill it (for those who don't know methanol will kill you in a fairly unpleasant way).
    Tweak it till it breaks

Quote Originally Posted by tweak'e View Post
    as we have substantially better treatments for covid these days compared to the early days, why isn't the death rate lower now than it used to be?
    as delta is more infectious and many people do not know they have it, wouldn't there be more infection around and consequently wouldn't it find its way to the vulnerable people a lot quicker and easier? why would you not want to stop that?

the devil is in the detail. with death rates you need to factor in all the preventive measures. to measure a virus true kill rate you need no preventive measures, which no country has done, therefore that data does not exist. even 3rd world countries still have doctors that save lives, people do social distancing themselves. this all influences the final numbers. if you can't account for those measures then your data is incorrect and your conclusions will be incorrect.
    This. Why don't people treat facts in this way?

Quote Originally Posted by allblack View Post
    Jab #1 done and dusted.

Amazed how painless it was.
    Good for you! Hopefully other people will follow suit.

And then there are the idiots breaking out of MIQ in Auckland. Nothing will happen to them! Just told to "be nice"

Ken