Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 169

Thread: Covid

  1. #81
    tweakedgeek tweak'e's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    winterlessnorth (well almost)
    Posts
    5,050

    Default Re: Covid

    the thing i see around the place is people take information out of context and do not understand how it fits.

    like claiming covid has low death rate, therefore its not a big loss to let go wild. the trouble here is the death rate is with doctors saving lives, with social distancing and lockdowns preventing spread.
    if covid goes wild then those measures will be almost non-existent. therefore death rate will always be higher. people keep basing covid death rate on our tiny tiny amount of exposure which is completely pointless.

    the other one thats been doing the rounds is the antibody study model which seams to show that almost everyone in UK has had covid. therefore it really doesn't make many people ill, every one has had it and its safe to catch covid, so no need for vaccines etc
    however thats not what is shown by the actual testing of how many people have covid. if it was true almost every test they do would be coming back positive, which is not whats actually happening.
    does the model match real life? it seams not. so its not a good idea to draw conclusions from it.
    Tweak it till it breaks

  2. #82
    Senior Member piroska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    With Kim-Jong-Mum
    Posts
    3,548

    Default Re: Covid

    Quote Originally Posted by tweak'e View Post
    as we have substantially better treatments for covid these days compared to the early days, why isn't the death rate lower now than it used to be?
    .
    It's a myth that people all died before the age of 40 or whatever in the past.
    The AVERAGE age was lower but that's because there tended to be a high death rate of babies, women in childbirth and kids in general.

    Vaccines cured most of the kid deaths, disinfectants , sterile procedures - and thus caesarian sections cured most of the die in childbirths...
    Ditto people dying of infections and illnesses we now vaccinate against.

    We haven't had any devastating plagues, think Black Death...which happened several times, not just the once....and other plagues we don't know what they actually were.

    Never mind covid, real plagues.

    However we all still die.
    Medical people have tried to cure death but despite all the bollocks about exercise and eating healthy we still die from cancer, artery disease and the consequences - just like the ancient people did also. Who exercised and ate healthy....
    Ex-pctek

  3. #83
    Senior Member baabits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    too far away
    Posts
    458

    Default Re: Covid

    Quote Originally Posted by tweak'e View Post
    the thing i see around the place is people take information out of context and do not understand how it fits.

    like claiming covid has low death rate, therefore its not a big loss to let go wild. the trouble here is the death rate is with doctors saving lives, with social distancing and lockdowns preventing spread.
    if covid goes wild then those measures will be almost non-existent. therefore death rate will always be higher. people keep basing covid death rate on our tiny tiny amount of exposure which is completely pointless.

    the other one thats been doing the rounds is the antibody study model which seams to show that almost everyone in UK has had covid. therefore it really doesn't make many people ill, every one has had it and its safe to catch covid, so no need for vaccines etc
    however thats not what is shown by the actual testing of how many people have covid. if it was true almost every test they do would be coming back positive, which is not whats actually happening.
    does the model match real life? it seams not. so its not a good idea to draw conclusions from it.
    Glad that you're taking the time to debunk it simply and in a no-BS way. I've started assuming that many of the people who do quote this stuff get it from headlines without taking the time to actually research and digest the facts before coming to an opinion- just finding (and not reading) articles whose summaries support one's preconceived notions and posting them with a "see what do you think about these experts and what they said?" attitude. It seems to be rampant on the internet these days and is very easy to spot.

    The amount of misinformation, or lack of information out there on this topic is unbelievable. Personally try to do my research and take the read and understand different studies before forming an opinion but it's easy to jump the gun sometimes I guess. Everyone's entitled to their opinions of course and healthy vigorous debate is a good way to move said opinions one way or the other.

  4. #84
    tweakedgeek tweak'e's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    winterlessnorth (well almost)
    Posts
    5,050

    Default Re: Covid

    Quote Originally Posted by piroska View Post
    It's a myth that people all died before the age of 40 or whatever in the past.
    The AVERAGE age was lower but that's because there tended to be a high death rate of babies, women in childbirth and kids in general.

    Vaccines cured most of the kid deaths, disinfectants , sterile procedures - and thus caesarian sections cured most of the die in childbirths...
    Ditto people dying of infections and illnesses we now vaccinate against.

    We haven't had any devastating plagues, think Black Death...which happened several times, not just the once....and other plagues we don't know what they actually were.

    Never mind covid, real plagues.

    However we all still die.
    Medical people have tried to cure death but despite all the bollocks about exercise and eating healthy we still die from cancer, artery disease and the consequences - just like the ancient people did also. Who exercised and ate healthy....
    ???
    thats off on a big tangent.

    i was talking about last year not the last 100+ years.
    the treatment for covid was being made up on the spot. now they have experience, some decent studies, they know a lot more and have made better ways of dealing with covid infected patients.
    so the outcome is a lot better, provided the resources do not get stretched, so the death rate from covid is actually lower in those countries.
    Tweak it till it breaks

  5. #85
    Soaring like an Eagle gary67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    In a field in Hanmer
    Posts
    14,928

    Default Re: Covid

    Covid in various forms has been around since the 70's, just not version 19 so none of the vaccines were starting from scratch. Now don't get me wrong I wasn't enamoured with having to think about getting another vaccine as I try and not take drugs for anything which is My choice.

  6. #86
    Senior Member piroska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    With Kim-Jong-Mum
    Posts
    3,548

    Default Re: Covid

    Quote Originally Posted by tweak'e View Post
    ???

    i was talking about last year not the last 100+ years.
    .
    I thought I mentioned - vaccines....
    Ex-pctek

  7. #87
    tweakedgeek tweak'e's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    winterlessnorth (well almost)
    Posts
    5,050

    Default Re: Covid

    Quote Originally Posted by piroska View Post
    I thought I mentioned - vaccines....
    i was talking about covid treatments, not vaccines.
    Tweak it till it breaks

  8. #88
    Senior Member piroska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    With Kim-Jong-Mum
    Posts
    3,548

    Default Re: Covid

    Quote Originally Posted by tweak'e View Post
    i was talking about covid treatments, not vaccines.
    vaccines are all there is for viruses.
    You can put people on oxygen and such but it doesn't kill the virus, whatever type it is.

    Which is why they promote them. Flu, covid and so on.

    I am annoyed no-one mentioned there was such a thing for pneumonia, I would have paid the rather expensive cost for husband and he might still be here..
    Ex-pctek

  9. #89
    tweakedgeek tweak'e's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    winterlessnorth (well almost)
    Posts
    5,050

    Default Re: Covid

    Quote Originally Posted by piroska View Post
    vaccines are all there is for viruses.
    You can put people on oxygen and such but it doesn't kill the virus, whatever type it is.

    Which is why they promote them. Flu, covid and so on.

    I am annoyed no-one mentioned there was such a thing for pneumonia, I would have paid the rather expensive cost for husband and he might still be here..
    sorry about hubby, but you missed the bus on what i was talking about.
    there is treatments other than vaccines which help the body fight covid. basically its helping the body survive long enough so it can fight off the virus.
    Tweak it till it breaks

  10. #90
    Retired old codger kenj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Nhapier
    Posts
    5,803

    Default Re: Covid

    Quote Originally Posted by tweak'e View Post
    sorry about hubby, but you missed the bus on what i was talking about.
    there is treatments other than vaccines which help the body fight covid. basically its helping the body survive long enough so it can fight off the virus.
    Interesting, Can you tell me what the treatments are? I spoke to a woman I talk to some mornings when out walking who was telling me about a Dr. In USA who was pushing alternative treatments in order to stop the Covid before it can stop you. He is Dr Peter McCullough who is an anti-vaxer and is being sued by a company he says he is affiliated to for using their name. He is suggesting Ivermectin for one (I used to sell it a long tone ago, for worming horses and cattle) Hydroxychloroquine........ plus a couple of other things (I forget what it was but something like gargles)

    This may show that an extremely large number of people who are dying of COVID-19 have not been vaccinated, something like 99%+ in the USA (CDC's figures)

    https://theconversation.com/us-is-sp...-divide-164460

    Just my thoughts

    Ken
    Last edited by kenj; 31-08-2021 at 06:36 PM.
    Corgi Ben Kenobi.......Related by Corgi to the Queen

Similar Threads

  1. Covid-19
    By B.M. in forum PC World Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-08-2021, 05:39 PM
  2. The Covid Jab
    By CliveM in forum PC World Chat
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 25-07-2021, 08:47 AM
  3. Covid jab
    By kenj in forum PC World Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 23-06-2021, 10:36 AM
  4. First Covid-19 vaccine jab?
    By kenj in forum PC World Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 28-05-2021, 11:53 PM
  5. COVID-19 vaccine?
    By Billy in forum PC World Chat
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 23-04-2020, 01:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •