Page 1 of 17 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid

Default Covid

With the COVID situation and the new lockdowns, how is everyone's mental health? I have seen some cases of people being anxious about all of this.

C64 Rules

Default Re: Covid

At least Harvey is here to keep me company. The stories he tells me about working with Jimmy Stewart are very amusing.
    Anyone know where I can get carrots in bulk?
    Carlos maybe king, but Merts is God!!

No worries here at all, just chillin at home, catching up on some projects, feeding my stock and watching it grow and slowly get to freezer size.

No stop for me, working as normal. Since last lock down our office has closed and we work from home, so switching from normal to level 4 doesn’t really make much difference.
    Interests: PVRs, HTPCs, Apple IOS, Apple TV, Media Players, C#, Printing

Quote Originally Posted by DrNum View Post
    With the COVID situation and the new lockdowns, how is everyone's mental health? I have seen some cases of people being anxious about all of this.
    not surprised people would feel anxious, especially as we watch the debacle that is oz.

doesn't seam to bad locally, i'm told the mad rush at the supermarket came and went.
    i surprised with the amount of cars on the road tho. its usually a bit quieter around here during lockdown.

as for myself, i'm essential worker so its work as normal.
    lockdown throws a spanner in the works for supplies etc. but suppliers etc have been on the phone/email and everything is under control.
    they are on the ball just getting on with it.
    Tweak it till it breaks

I too can work from home so no majors. I am a bit of a fascist at heart and I think "The Team of 5 million" is absolute crap. Generally NZ are too soft o offenders . Be Kind-try education-well only responsible people take note. I have been infuriated at he numbers of people who do not wear masks on public transport in Auckland -very disrespectful-it is "mandatory under Level 1 in Auckland but is hugely flouted and there is no enforcement. People from wealthy suburbs are constant offenders-arrogant.
    I and my youngest daughter ae among a minority in that we zealously use the Scanning App when we enter stores or use transport. Despite signs saying scan -most people ignore them They will be the same ones who moan about he Govt not helping them if they catch Covid. If any good thing comes from Covid Delta it may be that it will cause some people to wake up their ideas .
    AS for Anti Vaccers - and their spreading of false information they should be severely punished -they are a real menace to society.

VoidMaster

It's very quiet here in Christchurch.

I live very close to Ferry Road which is an arterial road into the city and normally very busy. Almost complete silence in the morning and all through the day, my dog is sleeping in to about 10am because there are no cues to wake her like the usual traffic noise.

A few people are wondering around looking a little lost in the streets and a bit more activity by the New World Supermarket.
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by zqwerty View Post
    It's very quiet here in Christchurch.

I live very close to Ferry Road which is an arterial road into the city and normally very busy. Almost complete silence in the morning and all through the day, my dog is sleeping in to about 10am because there are no cues to wake her like the usual traffic noise.

A few people are wondering around looking a little lost in the streets and a bit more activity by the New World Supermarket.

Agreed- I'm in Ilam near the University and the traffic being gone is a blessing. Usually a bunch of students hooning their cars up and down the road all night, best sleep I've since moving here lol

Bleakly Optomistic

I'm probably being a bit crazier than usual. Haven't talked to anyone in person in 4 days. Just stayed in my room working, gaming, a bit of eating, and drinking. At least the weather has improved. I really need to get out and about to keep the body working.

Nothing has changed for me. Had a fall in the garden last Sunday so have been a bit immobilized for 3-4 days (old age is a bastard) Started my 2.5K morning walk again yesterday. Streets are deserted at 7am and I miss my walking mate of the last 20+ years. He is 89 and is a bit scared of Covid!

Doing a lot of reading while watching the birds eating their daily orange that I put out on a 4*2 on top of the birdbath. Quite enjoyable for us.

Ken