Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid

Default Re: Covid

Quote Originally Posted by baabits View Post
    Right, let me suggest we get the Singaporean Law Enforcement people to help us with these matters. HERE

I believe they felt sorry for the guy and took him horse riding afterwards.
    Global Warming is Mann made.

Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.
    The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Old guy

Quote Originally Posted by tweak'e View Post
    lockdowns have worked, we have eliminated covid several times already. lockdowns have worked well in reducing infection rate around the world.
    lockdowns have worked for 100's of years.
    there is no such thing as "learn to live with it".
    nz has not "lived in fear", quite the opposite. we have had very little effect from it and enjoyed our freedoms. life has been close to normal for most.

a mate came back from USA, they had 3 months of level 4 lockdown, then a year of level 3/2. over a year of mask wearing.
    nz has had a few minor lockdowns, absolutely nothing compared to what many other countries have had to endure.

i'm not sure why your even bothering to try and push your nonsense this late in the game.
    If something is eliminated it is no more. You cannot eliminate it more than once.
    Name one time a lockdown has worked..
    Try telling those that have lost jobs and income that their life is still wonderful.
    The hard lockdown states in the USA have done no better than those that adopted a less severe regime.

Quote Originally Posted by CliveM View Post
    If something is eliminated it is no more. You cannot eliminate it more than once.
    Name one time a lockdown has worked..
    Try telling those that have lost jobs and income that their life is still wonderful.
    The hard lockdown states in the USA have done no better than those that adopted a less severe regime.
    it was only eliminated in nz not world wide, so reinfection is expected. hence you can, and we have done so, eliminate it more than once.
    you whole argument is just plain stupid.

yes a minority lost jobs etc. sucks to be them. but they will find another and many have done so. lowest unemployment in nz at the mo.
    its life, they can and certain do, loose jobs/business for other reasons and you don't see anyone making up nonsense on the net over it.

"The hard lockdown states in the USA have done no better than those that adopted a less severe regime."
    thats simply nonsense as there is no proof either way and "better" is highly subjective.
    different states have different requirements and all started off with different levels of infection and no way to keep out new infection.

whats the point of all this?
    do you think anything will change?
    its like you think everyone else in the world is stupid and your the only smart person.
    Tweak it till it breaks

Quote Originally Posted by B.M. View Post
    I agree, we've been down this track many times and the only way out was Social Distancing and Vaccination.

The problem we and Australia have is Civil Disobedience.

Time a hard-line was taken with these Goof's.
    partly.
    a lot of it is simply lack of understanding and caring about anyone else.
    however then there is all the suckers being duped by the scum of the world. as per usual they prey on the "young and dumb" and also the old folk.
    i have noticed a lot of old people being tricked into conspiracy theory bs at the mo.
    its doing the rounds as per normal.
    Tweak it till it breaks

has anyone else noticed a higher than normal shopping bill?

i still have to go back through my receipts to check but normally i spend about $150, this week it was $235 for about the same amount of food.

Yep.

I checked my receipt for the first time in ages yesterday after a shop coz I thought maybe I had bought a car as well.

partly.
    a lot of it is simply lack of understanding and caring about anyone else.
    however then there is all the suckers being duped by the scum of the world. as per usual they prey on the "young and dumb" and also the old folk.
    i have noticed a lot of old people being tricked into conspiracy theory bs at the mo.
    its doing the rounds as per normal.
    Most of it is Pig Ignorance, or Pig Ignorance in disguise.

The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Old guy

whats the point of all this?
    do you think anything will change?
    its like you think everyone else in the world is stupid and your the only smart person.
    You may well doubt my intelligence however I am not about to argue the point with someone who's head is so far up their rear end that they are incapable of civil discussion or of understanding an alternative point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by baabits View Post
    has anyone else noticed a higher than normal shopping bill?

i still have to go back through my receipts to check but normally i spend about $150, this week it was $235 for about the same amount of food.
    I haven't, but you should have heard my wife going off.

Some serious price gouging going on with the supermarkets. Luckily there's a couple of market gardens here doing click & collect, so I haven't bought a single piece of fruit and veg from the supermarket since just before the first lockdown. Stuff them.