Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Covid

Default Re: Covid

Quote Originally Posted by 1101 View Post
    white suburbs
    What are "white suburbs"?

A lot of the rich Auckland areas, if that's what you mean, consist of a lot of asian people now you know.

And not all brown skinned people are poor.

I know a few.
    And where am I living? A poor suburb. Again. Although it seems to be changing, a few of the awful houses have sold and there have been builders and landscape people all over them, looking rather flash now...........there was an article a few days ago about a youngish guy who'd bought one with a mate and was moving from out of town to this suburb.

Which is what happens, look at Te Atatu North...or yes, te Ataty Peninsula....the stinky mudflats are now sea views, lol.....
    Ex-pctek

Quote Originally Posted by zqwerty View Post
    New Details Emerge About Coronavirus Research at Chinese Lab:

https://theintercept.com/2021/09/06/...t-chinese-lab/
    any website artical that references "internet sleuths" ....... god help us .
    :-)

Came From Wuhan.
    Does it really matter if it came from a Wuhan wetmarket or a Lab ?

US govt blames China. China's govt blames other countries . So we have propaganda rather than facts rising to the top .

Quote Originally Posted by 1101 View Post
    Does it really matter if it came from a Wuhan wetmarket or a Lab ?

exactly, it makes no difference to us whatsoever.
    Tweak it till it breaks

The herald has a banner each day showing vaccination.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sunday.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	77.6 KB 
ID:	11089Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wednesday.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	73.6 KB 
ID:	11090
    Bit slow isn't it? And Hosking says 68-ish....uh no.

Now we have a sense of how many of us are booked in for a vaccine we can ask a couple of sensible questions.

At 68-ish per cent we have one of the highest participation rates in the world before we hit the hesitancy wall, that's a good sign.

So the accuracy questions come from the text and email I received over the weekend telling me about my second jab this week.

I am not getting a second jab this week, but the Government think I am and have me booked in.
    They also have me booked in for the second jab I'm getting in November.

Upon getting my first jab I changed bookings based on my reading that eight to 12 weeks between vaccinations leads to maximum efficacy.

How many other people have more than one booking and therefore how many phantom bookings are artificially boosting the jab numbers?

I will never forget the day the Prime Minister walked up to the pulpit of truth in the last lockdown when it had become apparent that the South Auckland outbreak at the time, the one with the gym visit and the KFC worker accused by the PM of poor behaviour when it was later revealed she had merely acted on incorrect government advice, the outbreak had led to no transmission, so it had become fairly obvious businesses were shuttered for no good reason other than government over-reaction.

It's been so effective some still think this lockdown, although brought about solely through ineptitude in terms of failing to prepare for the inevitable outbreak by not hiring enough contact tracers, not expanding health capacity and not getting enough vaccine at a time we actually need it, is to be defended.

But while all that fear has been spoon fed to the susceptible and vulnerable, nowhere is the hope to be seen.

Some sort of reopening, at some point, once vaccines are rolled out.
    What does that actually mean?
    Why do we have no vaccine target? The great question they haven't answered post-vaccine, whenever that is, is are we still locking down and in what form?

It's an 18-month-old mindset, in a new world moving on fast without us.
    My fear about the fear is this government doesn't like hope because it involves aspiration and promising stuff it might not be able to deliver.

By: Mike Hosking
    Ex-pctek

Old guy

In a normal year an average of 300 people die in NZ every day. Each year 400 or so are pushed over the edge with normal flue related problems. We have the population terrified of a virus which adds very little to those numbers. Beats me why.

Quote Originally Posted by piroska View Post
    It's an 18-month-old mindset, in a new world moving on fast without us.
    Its allready costing NZ in lost investment . Why invest in a closed off country when you can invest in a country with open borders .

We've lost future Lord of the Rings TV production to the UK . That would have been worth millions .
    We are losing essential workers.... doctors , nurses builders are leaving the country and going home or to Aus .
    We cant even bring in essential workers .

VoidMaster

Wuhan Lab Air Circulation Systems Were Defective ahead of First Known COVID Cases, Congressional Report Finds:

https://news.yahoo.com/wuhan-lab-air...k=tw&tsrc=twtr
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

Even Kelvin is embarrased:

Kelvin Davis told Newshub Nation on Saturday "almost $25 million" has been invested in Māori-centric vaccination efforts, but "people are staying home" instead.

"That funding has been distributed to Māori organisations along with the message to vaccinate Māori," he told host Orinii Kaipara. She told him "whānau are not heeding the call", and put it to him Labour's Māori caucus failed "by not creating a communications plan specifically for Māori sooner, so the right message reached whānau all across the country".

Davis rejected that.

"There's no excuse for being ignorant. It's a simple message, go and get vaccinated. It's okay to blame the Government but we have to take responsibility for ourselves as well. The right thing to do is to go and get vaccinated.

"How many more millions of public funding do we need to keep giving to Māori service providers so more Māori go and get their vaccines? We're saying here's the money, go and inform the Māori communities of the benefits of the vaccine. But at the end of the day, people are staying home."

Its ok I am from Motueka. prefect's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by allblack View Post
    Even Kelvin is embarrased:

Kelvin Davis told Newshub Nation on Saturday "almost $25 million" has been invested in Māori-centric vaccination efforts, but "people are staying home" instead.

"That funding has been distributed to Māori organisations along with the message to vaccinate Māori," he told host Orinii Kaipara. She told him "whānau are not heeding the call", and put it to him Labour's Māori caucus failed "by not creating a communications plan specifically for Māori sooner, so the right message reached whānau all across the country".

Davis rejected that.

"There's no excuse for being ignorant. It's a simple message, go and get vaccinated. It's okay to blame the Government but we have to take responsibility for ourselves as well. The right thing to do is to go and get vaccinated.

"How many more millions of public funding do we need to keep giving to Māori service providers so more Māori go and get their vaccines? We're saying here's the money, go and inform the Māori communities of the benefits of the vaccine. But at the end of the day, people are staying home."
    They want money to get vaccinated
    Its amazing how Potatoes give us chips,fries and Vodka.

Get your s*** together every other vegetable.

Quote Originally Posted by prefect View Post
    They want money to get vaccinated
    They've been paid, $25M no less!
    Global Warming is Mann made.

Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.
    The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.