Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Default Re: Advice on which of 2 Laptop/Notebooks to buy

You can easily enlarge the C Partition.

1st download and install either Minitool Partition Wizard or AOMEI Partition Assistant Both do the same thing in the same way.

You can either make a bootable media once installed or use it directly from the program - Will require restarting to finish the tasks, and is slower.

I normally use bootable media as it takes less time than directly from within the OS. The procedure is the same for each method.

Its easier to show than explain how to do what you want so I'll make a quick Video and link in in few minutes ( after lunch )
    Last edited by wainuitech; 11-09-2021 at 12:37 PM.

OK adding to above-- Once you have the software either installed or the bootable media created, this is the same procedure for both programs listed above. Demoed is minitool Partition. The interface is different in other Programs but work the same.

To enlargen the C drive you need to create free space for it to expand. So to do that simply move the partitions AFTER the C Drive into the free area. You can leave these the same size, as they are usually small anyway.

The Demo has one more partition than yours but its exactly the same but one less move. All you do is right click the last partition (the free space will be in gray)- Select move / Resize - then drag the slider. next go to the next partition ( in your case C) right click move/Resize move the slider to fill the clear space - Apply-- DONE.

Video on resizing. https://streamable.com/3epnn3

Easy eh
    Last edited by wainuitech; 11-09-2021 at 01:53 PM.

wainuitech
    Hi. Yeah I have a memory of doing it before when I had Easus Partition Master installed, and I had created a bootable CD of WinPE I think it was. I used that to do things because as you say working from OS is slower and requires a reboot which does the chosen operations after reboot before opening OS.
    I have Easeus Partition Master on this W10 PC but I think I will DL Minitool Partition Wizard Free and create a bootable USB and use that.
    Thanks for the vid, very fast process moving and resizing. I liked the way it moved the data of the two last partitions into the unallocated space...just drag-drop to the end of the unallocated space.
    Cheers.

Well Minitool Partition Wizard Free doesn't allow making Bootable media, which is available in Professional upward versions of the tool.
    I DL'd the tool to my PC but will now DL to the Samsung Laptop and do the tasks from within the OS.
    Such is life

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by kioti View Post
    Well Minitool Partition Wizard Free doesn't allow making Bootable media, which is available in Professional upward versions of the tool.
    I DL'd the tool to my PC but will now DL to the Samsung Laptop and do the tasks from within the OS.
    Such is life

Cheers.
    Hmmm Wonder when they changed that ??? I never had the Paid version always used the free and could always make a CD. ???

wainuitech

Hi. Yeah, I added a couple of screenshots of Minitool Free and after clicking the 'Bootable Media' tab. I made these pics on my Computer so the Drive information isn't right for the Samsung SSD.
    The attachment showing Disk Management is from the Samsung Laptop.

I managed to DL Minitool WinPEx64 Tech.ISO, burned to CD. booted it and the 2 tasks were completed in a blink of an eye. Xcllnt (sorry, I spell excellent the lazy way)
    I had to press any key to boot from the disc which started 'Loading files'..... completing in about 3-4minutes. Very slow load, but it completed, opened onscreen and all was sweet as a nut.

Cheers

Pics of Minitool Partition Wizard Free Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MINITOOL FREE.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	71.3 KB 
ID:	11102 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MINITOOL 1.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	63.3 KB 
ID:	11105

Pics of Disk Management after reshuffle partitions Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2021-09-11 185430.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	37.6 KB 
ID:	11106
    Last edited by kioti; 11-09-2021 at 08:04 PM.

Ok my bad Made a slight mistake. The Minitool I have that made the CD is Professional. it was a giveaway edition. So kind of right - I never paid for it

Always on the lookout for free giveaways. Got quite a collection of various software.

The Free one I used quite regularly I only use it on Customers PC's that are being a pain to boot from a CD and use it directly in the OS.

MINITOOL PARTITION WIZARD info on the 3 versions

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Minitool Partition wizard.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	42.5 KB 
ID:	11107

wainuitech

Hi. No problem, I'm adept at mistakes.
    Yeah I have collected a few goodies free too. Handy. I will have to do a sort out and get all discs I have created in the past 5 years put away in a cd wallet instead of having the lot: OS's/ Driver discs/MB discs/Games/Programs and all else the cat brings home jumbled up in a mass of piles. I tend to get them when I need them (because I cannae find the one I made since I used it last and put it 'aside')

Cheers