Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Covid19 Vaccination ...

This is the 2nd time I received a txt saying that I am eligible for a Covid-19 Vaccination ...

I have completed my 2nd dose months ago!

We spent $30m+ on a software program for the Vax rollout...

Default Re: Covid19 Vaccination ...

Of course, money well wasted!

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by bk T View Post
    This is the 2nd time I received a txt saying that I am eligible for a Covid-19 Vaccination ...
    Most likely user error.
    You book - which is done by temp workers entering into database.
    Then you go, and database is updated by more temp workers.

So most likely someone messed up.

I went today, they called Steve. Steve got up and went into cubicle. Then lady messed about with her list, talked to another list person, called Dianne, then Steve again. Bit of a fluster as no Steve appearing. In the end I said you've called Steve already. Saw that a few times....I went with mum, then brother, now me so have been there a few times.

When I booked apparently there is another person with my name, and dob is same month, same year and only 1 day different to me. So I can see confusion can occur....
    Ex-pctek

After I registered for my first dose, didn't hear from them for 2 weeks, then I rang, they were pretty quick to answer my call, but sadly, she knew so little about the 'system' and said that she will pass the message to someone who knows more and will phone me back. Heard nothing from them for two more days. I rang again, they were still quick to answer but same story, she knows very little about the 'system'. I then rang almost every alternate days since. Finally, 3 weeks later I managed to talk someone who knows something about the system and fixed an appt for me. When I was having my first jab, the vaccinator told me that "never rely on the system' (her exact words), ring up for your 2nd jab.

Anyway, I have completed my 2nd jab.

SWMBO got a call from our medical centre today. So she got us both booked at the same time. Go on Saturday and they already made the appointment for the 2nd jab (4 weeks later).

4 weeks? It's meant to be 3.
    Ours are.
    My mum has her second on Saturday.
    My second due end of month.

Here it's not GPs, it's the local club and various people with cardboard cubicles.
    Ex-pctek

No really a big deal for me. A lot is going on and there is someone bound to make a mistake.

My wife and I are Group 3, and I have been grumbling about the apparent shambolic nature of the vaccination rollout. Anyway, we were finally told that bookings were open, either via the 0800 number or the website. I didn't trust the phone method so last Friday went straight to the website. Was asked for address & Postcode, supplied them and was offered the option of picking a nearby centre to get the jabs. I tried three that I knew of in our vicinity, each time received the response "no facility available within 75 km". WTF!?

Tried the 0800 number - it was picked up immediately, and apart from some slight accent difficulties with the charming young lady at the other end, successfully got bookings for both of us the following Monday and again three weeks later. Email confirmation arrived before the phone call ended. Come Monday we rolled up and a very efficient team got us (and a lot of others) through with no problems.

My conclusion - while the management of the vaccination programme has appeared pretty shonky, the people actually doing the job know what to do and how to do it. About as much you can hope for, I suppose.
    Last edited by Jayess64; 04-08-2021 at 04:34 PM.

Our one and only medical centre won't let you prebook you have to wait for them to invite you. Since neither of us have underlying conditions there is no rush.

Getting my first shot tomorrow after booking in June

Heard of it being a free for all in some places with some in their 40's being vaccinated