Default help needed ( files deleting , and no passowrd )

I have been trying to delete a password on my other computer as this computer my daughter uses and she logs into her account as a guest and my name is the administrator. she doesn't need a password and she wants to log on without it.
    Anyway i was trying to fix it and i went into my account and something went wrong.
    This is my problem. All my files are now on this computer now also.So i tried to delete the files from my old computer and the files will also delete from my new computer also which i dont want.
    How can i delete files from my old computer without effecting my new computer?
    Also my daughter wants to log in without a password
    Thank you

Default Re: help needed ( files deleting , and no passowrd )

Quote Originally Posted by stevenrossvanduyn View Post
    computer my daughter uses she logs into her account as a guest and my name is the administrator. she doesn't need a password and she wants to log on without it.

All my files are now on this computer now also.So i tried to delete the files from my old computer and the files will also delete from my new computer also which i dont want.
    1)You create a second user - making that user administrator also. Disable guest login altogether, it's a security hole...

2)I have no idea what you mean exactly about files....
    Ex-pctek

I am the administrator of the old computer but my daughter has another log in
    It looks like that my files have doubled up on both computer but if i delete a file or folder this will delete also on my new computer

Old guy

It looks like you have both computors on your MS account and backed up to the cloud. By design what you do on one machine is duplicated on the other which is great if you are using both ie a desktop and a laptop which are used at different times.

Remove the computor you are giving to your daughter from your account and set it up for her only how she wants it to be. I would just do a complete reinstall of its operating system and go from there.

VoidMaster

Before you do anything more, backup your files to a separate HDD/SSD/USB.
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche